『 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 』

꒰ ➘_ 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝗳𝗲; ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ꒱ ˏ𖥸ˎ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━❀━━━━━━━

۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫

Hearing the chirping birds from outside the bedroom window, I awoke, my eyes quickly scanning the room I was resting in. As my sight adjusted to the dark, my gaze trailed over Mikasa where she laid on the bed beside me with her eyes fixated on the ceiling.

"Mika?" I asked softly.

She pulled back from her thoughts as her head crept to face mine. "Yeah?" she whispered.

Inching closer to her warm body I spoke, "What are you thinking about?"

"Today."

She lifted her bedsheet and draped some of it over me, making me hum as I snuggled up to her. Today was the long-awaited day where we would finally be able to join the military. After the fall of Shinganshina, and Wall Maria had been declared inhabitable, we had decided to fight for our freedom. For a better future. For something more.

"Are you scared?"

A feeling I didn't recognize flashed over her eyes but just as quickly as it came, it disappeared. With hard eyes, she responded, "No."

Taking off the bedsheet from her body, she began making her way off the bed.

"As long as Eren is with me then everything is alright."

I felt my chest constrict at her words. "Oh," I mutter, almost inaudibly.

Mikasa quickly realized her mistake. Facing me, she takes my hand, "Not like that, y/n. I owe him... everything."

Her thumb began caressing the base of my palm, drawing slow circles.

"You know how reckless he is. Someone has to protect him. If something were to happen to him, then I- I wouldn't be-"

"I know," I comfort her. "You're not alone, Mika. You and I will protect him. We'll protect them both. I promise."

She stared at me with tranquil eyes, finding an idyllic peacefulness in my words.

"I have something for you," I stated, deciding that now would be the ideal time to give my present to her. As I reached into my pillowcase, my hand came in contact with the white yarn bracelet I had made last night when the dread of today had kept me awake.

I held the bracelet in the palm of my hand, extending it outwards.

"I made four matching ones."

Mikasa stared down at it with fondness. "Y/n-"

"And look," I grabbed her right hand, "it's big enough to cover your wrist, so now you won't have to continue wearing long-sleeved shirts in this heat."

She gawked at me with wide eyes, "when-"

The door suddenly opened, interrupting us from the moment we were having.

"I can hear you guys talking from outside," walked in Eren with Armin behind him. "Can't sleep?"

I let go of Mikasa's hand. "It's a miracle seeing you awake this early," I teased Eren. "Don't need Mikasa to wake the baby up today, huh?"

He narrowed his eyes, deciding whether to argue. With a sigh, he ignored my comment. "We need to be there in less than two hours. You should start getting ready."