Chapter 4

The next week it was time for Kurapika to take the water glass test to see in what category he fell in. Turns out, he's a conjurer.

''Dammit, I wanted to be an enhancer''. I could tell he was mad that he didn't get what he wanted, but he stayed calm. ''It's ok, I mean, you can conjure cool stuff, you could definitely take that to your advantage.''

At that moment, I decide to leave and do some errands, I didn't want to stay here while our teacher explained everything and bla bla bla. I've heard it enough times. Since the incident at the store, Kurapika hadn't returned to the village. I don't blame him and I didn't even bother asking him to come with me.

Kurapika pov

As y/n left, my first thought was to conjure chains. My teacher told me it was useless. Fuck him. I started to head in y/n's direction until he told me there's a way to conjure to make them nearly unbreakable.

That caught my attention. He explained the whole condition technique and I thought of the perfect idea. I can only use my chains on the spiders, and I'll put my life on it.

I only want to see them die. It's my only objective, nothing else. Therefore, if this is the only way to achieve my mission, so be it. All these thoughts about the spiders made my eyes turn red.

.........

I now figured out I was a specialist when my eyes change colour, this couldn't be more perfect.

''Don't tell y/n about anything that happened here, for all she knows, I'm a conjurer, that's it.'' ''It's weird that you want to keep this from her, but sure, I won't say anything'' I can't let her know about me being a specialist, because that would mean she would know about my eyes.

I can't bring myself to tell her the truth about them, so many people called me names. I know she would never do that but... I'm scared of the slight chance she'll leave me. I can't believe myself, I'm scared to tell her about my eyes but I'm willing to face the spiders head-on.

It's just not the same with her, it was easy telling Leorio because, at that time, I didn't care about what he would think about me. Same with Gon and Killua. But her, if she were to reject me, I don't know how I would take it. I've never had a close friend since Pairo, and now, I don't want to lose her.

(y/n) pov

I finally came back at night with some food and other stuff. Kurapika was already in the tent so I decided to join him. ''Hey I'm back'' I say while putting myself in the covers. ''It was so boring, I wish you would've come with me. Oh and what have you decided to conjure?''

''I chose chains.'' Weird choice I thought to myself ''Why? I mean, you can't make them unbreakable so what's the point.'' ''Well, our teacher told me there was a small loophole, that with a condition and-'' 

I cut him off. ''No, I'm not letting you do that'' ''Why not?'' ''Chances are, you're going to lose your nen with that stupid condition and for what? I've seen people accidentally break theirs. It's not smart, don't do it.''

He nervously laughs ''Don't tell me you already did it?'' I asked. ''Yeah, I did...'' ''Dumbass'' I sighed. ''You're so stupid! Tell me at least what's the condition'' I hope that he chose something simple and not risky. ''I can only use my chains on the guys who murdered my family'' ''Well that not that bad, it's pretty weak but-''

''If I break it, I die''

I punched him on the shoulder ''What was that for?'' ''What do you think! I knew you were stupid but not THIS stupid. You put your life on this? Did you not think of the consequences of that action? Did you not think about what would happen to me if you died?''