Better

A/N I haven't been to a mental hospital so what I write is sorely based on what I have found on the internet, please feel free to correct me if something is incorrect xx

Julianna's Pov

The next month was spent doing group therapy, hanging out with my friends, who weren't surprised to see me back, apparently it happened a lot around here. And i got to see a lot of Ryder. The boy I had met before. We weren't supposed to be together as relationships weren't allowed in the hospital. I didn't want to get behind on my schoolwork so I asked if I could do some homework so I wouldn't be that behind. Since I was getting better, the nurses and Jeremy agreed. On yeah, they visit every couple of days.

Melanie, Annabelle, Olivia and I spent most of our nights staying up and gossiping after hours, telling stories about our lives before here. They were really interesting people and I hadn't noticed how much I missed them.

Olivia had become infatuated with one of Ryder's friends that he had brought over called Dante. Both of them snuck over usually and we had a great time all 5 of us. Until we were caught by one of the nurses. The meanest one, Geraldine. She was such a bitch to all of us, and felt disgusted by our very presence. I don't know why she works in a psychiatric hospital if she thinks were are all crazy and shit. Anyways, she came in as she heard us chatting quietly and opened the door to find Olivia and Dante making out and Ryder an I making out while the girls were eating their weight in stolen goods we had gotten a hold of in the kitchen. We all stopped what were were doing and stared at her. She screamed at us and called the other nurses. They pulled the boys back to their room and called all of our parents.

The next day was a Thursday, one of the days my brothers usually visited. I was scared silly. They came in and John barely acknowledged me, he just looked at the wall. Jeremy was furious. What was scarier was that he was a calm angry which is always worse.

"Is that why you wanted to go back? So you could get with a boy?!" He growled.

I didn't know if that was a rhetorical question but when he stayed silent I started to mutter. "N-no.. I"

"Shut it." He snapped. "I thought you wanted to get better."

"I do, Ryder has nothing to do with it, I do actually want to get better and improve my mental health." I responded honestly.

"And you thought that the best way to do that was to hang out with some mentally deficient boy?" I wanted to scream at him for calling Ryder that, but it would only make matters worse so I kept my mouth shut. "Either way it doesn't matter anymore, Ruder is being transported to a different ward. You won't be seeing him again I can assure you that." He said as he put a bracelet of my wrist.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's a bracelet with a tracker inside so we can always see where you are, and don:t even think about trying to take it off, only my fingerprint can unlatch it. Also, it has a button on the back so if you're ever in danger again just press the button."

I didn't mind to be honest. It's not like I went anywhere they wouldn't want me to go and the safety button was useful. The bracelet was a metallic gold with cool embroidery on it.

"Thanks, I love it." I answered. Being in the hospital made my anger issues calm down, I didn't feel like screaming at them all the time anymore.

They all looked dumbfounded. Then John spoke. "If this is some sort of reverse psychology dumb shit I can tell you now it won't work."

"I'm not trying to do anything, I know you mean well and it'll keep me safe so I don't mind." I shrugged.

"What about Ryan?" Asked James.
"Ryder." I corrected

"That's what I said."

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not like I cared about him or anything, he was cute and I was bored. Nothing more to it." I lied. I did like him but I didn't want it to lead to anything, it was just for this while.

"Ok.." They all muttered.

We left it at that and started talking about random shit.

"By the way, I have a girlfriend." Jeremy suddenly announced.

I stared at him, already picturing all the terrible things I would do to this "girlfriend". She was probably a gold-digging bitch. Huh, maybe this is how my brothers felt about me having a boyfriend.

"Yay.." I muttered unenthusiastically.

"Be nice, you'll meet her as soon as you come out of here." He said.

I was ready to leave this place. It really helped me. I felt happy. I didn't have any urges to self harm and I wasn't having barely any anxiety attacks. I wanted to reunite with the outside world.

"When exactly will that be?" I questioned.

"Whenever you feel right. The nurses say you are much better." James responded. I nodded and asked if I could leave tomorrow.

When he said yes I excitedly started to pack my bags.

I felt determined, like I could take on everything that life threw at me, I felt powerful.

I felt... better.