Alien Invaders!

It was some time before Mary Jane woke up, and when she did, she immediately realised what a predicament she was in, as she found that she had been gagged and bound to a chair in a darkened room

It was some time before Mary Jane woke up, and when she did, she immediately realised what a predicament she was in, as she found that she had been gagged and bound to a chair in a darkened room. With a muffled moan, she quickly pulled herself together and scanned the small room for any sign of Peter. However, she soon saw that she was quite alone.

"Oh man, how embarrassing, letting that creep get the drop on me," she thought to herself. "What's his game anyway? And what's he done with Peter? I better get out of here fast and find him!"

Thanks to her spider-strength, it took Mary Jane just a second to break free from her bonds and she quickly changed into her spider-costume. She was about to force her way through the undoubtably locked door, when a thought crossed her mind.

"Hey, what if someone is out there and sees Spider-Girl come out of this closet, with no Mary Jane inside. That'll totally blow my secret identity!"

She quickly checked the room for another escape route and sure enough, there was an air-vent set in the ceiling above her. Leaping up, she easily pulled the grill covering away and began to crawl her way up and through the ducting. As she cautiously made her way through, she began to hear voices coming from around the bend. Carefully she made her way over and found another grill opening, looking down on a room filled with monitor screens. Behind the lenses of her mask, Mary Jane's eyes widened as she saw that each screen was being manned by what looked like two green-skinned men with antenna spouting out of their misshapen heads.

"Holy mackerel!" thought Spider-Girl in astonishment. "Who're these guys, unused extras from 'Battlestar Galactica'?"

Gazing around the room, she saw, directly beneath the grill she was on, Peter Parker being manhandled by a third green-skinned man, who held him before the sinister Tinkerer, who rubbed his hands wickedly.

"So, you've discovered our little secret, my boy," said the Tinkerer. "Yes, each of the radios that we've been repairing here has had an electronic spy device installed, allowing me and my extra-terrestrial allies to spy on important earthlings. Soon we shall know all the strengths and weaknesses of your military forces, before we attack your unsuspecting planet!"