Postlude

Epilogue - Noah's pov

°°°

A week passed and our online class started. We were all required to open our cameras and a lady with a radiant smile on her face caught my attention.

The whole meeting my eyes are on her, hindi naman napapansin sa camera dahil parang nakatitig lang ako sa monitor ng laptop.

When someone joked in the zoom meeting she giggled which exposed her beautiful set of teeth. Mas lalo siyang gumanda sa mga mata ko. Her beauty was beyond compare, it was bizarre.

Nang sabihin ng kaklase namin na kami ang partner ni Shia umahon ang kaba sa dibdib ko. Hindi ako sanay na nakikipagusap sa mga babae dahil wala naman akong kaibigang babae o kapatid man lang.

When she chatted me and introduced herself in a funny way that made me smile. But because of my stupidity, I didn't think about what I had said to her. I didn't mean to offend her in any way I just wanted to ride her crazy antics but I didn't know how.

I frowned when I saw that she block me on Messenger and Facebook.

'Yun na sana, naging bato pa. Tangina naman.

I ran my finger through my hair because of the frustration that I felt. Days passed and I got desperate so I asked her number to our classmate who's her groupmate in an activity. She willingly gave it to me. I swore that I wouldn't do anything wrong to Shia to calm her down.

From: 09*********

So you know how to twerk?

Can you twerk for me?

She saw my message and immediately bombarded me with curses. Tinignan ko nang masama si Jarred na nagturo sa akin noon, nasa sulok siya at tumatawa habang nanonood sa 'kin.

"Tangina mo," I cursed while watching him burlesquing me.

After that occurrence she became indifferent so I stopped for a while since I don't want her to feel like I am a creepy stalker of her. After all, I still respect her.

But I was shocked when one night she opened up to me and told me her feelings. I applaud people who have the courage to say their burdens. Hindi madali iyon.

I tried my best to cheer her up and asked her if we can meet. I was still nervous before I read her response. I was startled when she agreed. That angered me a bit, paano kapag masamang tao ang makikipagkita sa kaniya? Good thing it was me.

I was astounded by her visual when I saw her face while cruising towards me. Her black hair is straight and it sways when she walks while her round big eyes suit her face and her lips that seem kissable.

Several months had passed and we became extremely comfortable with each other. I was her refuge sheath whenever she needs someone to talk to. I could listen to her every day. Her vigorous and bubbly personality was one of the reasons why I loved her.

Pagkagising ko ay wala na siya sa tabi ko at mag-isa nalang akong natutulog sa kama. At first, I didn't panicked because I thought she was just in the shower or she was just in the kitchen. But when weeks, months, and years passed, I realized that she left me without proffering me any reasons.

That fucked up my mind every night. I didn't know what to do. The only person who I know has a connection to her was her sister. I was a mess that time that I didn't think twice before accepting her sister's plan.

I hired a private investigator to investigate her but I told him to not dig dipper since I still respect Shia's privacy. It turns out that she was in a foreign country with their helper. Nawalan ng tinik sa lalamunan ko nang malamang ligtas siya at maayos.

I anticipated her to come back. I know how much she suffered and I don't want to be one of the reasons why she's grieving. I'd rather perish if that arises.

I was surprised when she came back with our son. My heart was thrilled but it was accompanied by grief because I was guilty that I didn't take care of her and even help her while she was raising our son alone.

She's one of a kind, she's very strong. Who wouldn't love this woman?

Scenes are flickering in my mind while reminiscing our memories together. Tulog pa din siya ngayon at humihilk ng kaunti. She's like this when she's pregnant and I enjoy looking at her in that position. She's pregnant with our fourth child and I feel contented with my life right now.

"Good morning, Sleepyhead." I greeted her when she woke up. Her eyes are still close but a warm smile was carved on her lips.

I love this woman with all my heart and soul. She made me adore her more. I saw her imperfections but I'm perpetually willing to embrace them.

This is Noah Sarmiento,

Signing off.