☽𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘☾

Tommy stands quickly from his chair causing it to crash on the floor, i flinch slightly. "What the fuck-" "THIS IS MY HIGHEST VIEW COUNT!!" He screams with pure joy in his tone. I stare quite blankly at him while my true emotion hides behind my face. "Wait really?" I question, my brows furrowing when looking at the chat, streaming with people conveying the same emotions as Tom.

A genuine laugh leaves my lips as Tommy looks at me, stopping in his tracks. We stare at one another, "DID YOU JUST LAUGH?!" He shouts, I nod slightly. His facial expression cause me to wheeze from laugher. He picks me and twirls me around, the two of us laugh, it's the best feeling...I've felt in a long time. A very long time.

We fall onto his bed as his mum makes her way up. "What the bloody hell are you two up to?!" She says with a subtle laugh, looking at both of us on his bed struggling to breath from laughing too hard. We look at each other, causing more laughter to erupt from us. She sighs and walks away, I jump up from the bed and check the chat.

It's flooded with adoring fans with their excitement. A text message startles me, it wakes me up to my cold reality, "they're home" my voice blunt and my emotion faded to nothing. A weak smile paints my lips and I hug Tom goodbye and wave a quick goodbye to stream, his eyes are asking me a million questions, a million questions a choose to ignore once again. I slip out of his bedroom, saying goodnight to his mum and dad.

I walk out into the cold rain, I stop halfway between our houses, where heaven ends and hell begins. I watch the rain hit my palms gently, it reminds me that every single droplet on my hand has met the earth many times yet keeps coming back. I don't want to be like the rain... I'd never be like the rain.

I pass the broken pot plant and head inside. My mum and step dad are on the sofa, his arm hangs around her shoulder lazily. I stare blankly at the two of them, until the words finally leave my lips "was dinner alright?" A cigarette hangs loosely between my mums index and middle finger. She simply nods as my stepdad ignores me completely.

I pass a large hole in the wall. It's new. "How did this happen?" I ask, tracing the shape. A fist. The depth. Very...very deep. The emotion. Anger and nothing more. "Your dad- stepdad did it when we got home. He didn't like his food" he chuckles lowly at the statement, looking at me with low hanging eyelids. I swallow deeply, nodding and heading upstairs.

I lock my bedroom door behind me and slip into one of Tom's hoodies. I wish I was with him. In his house. In that heaven. Droplets of rain tap against my window gently

I would never be like rain...because I didn't want to touch the earth in the first place

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

516 words

𑁍┊ 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲ˎˊ˗

Links:

Sexual Abuse Awareness Month: https://www.nsvrc.org/saam

Sexual Abuse Help line: https://www.rainn.org

Suicide Help line: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Self Harm Awareness and Signs: https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Common-with-Mental-Illness/Self-harm

Self Harm Awareness Day: https://centerfordiscovery.com/blog/self-injury-awareness-day/