No Longer is He Upsetti-Spaghetti

(Okay haha I chose a name)

Your nameless companion looked up at you, rubbing his fists at his eyes to wipe away the tears that had formed but not fallen.

"A... a temporary name?" 

"Yeah!" You said, smiling at him, still holding onto him but sliding your hands from his shoulders to his hands. He laced his fingers into yours, something that made you scream internally but you decided that it was probably an unconscious gesture and he didn't mean anything by it since he didn't give any other reaction.

"Okay, let's think. What are some names that you like?" you asked him, while he thought.

"Uh... I can only think of a few on the spot, none of which I don't really wanna be called... can you think of some?"

You thought hard, and could only come up with a few. 

"Uhh... let's see... James? Benjamin? Jackson? Hendricks? Simon? Gerald? Tom?"

He seemed to think about all of these. 

"Uhhh, James... I think that was... a little bit close? No, no. Uhm..." He was still unsure and considering. 

You looked at him, gazing at his face. Then it hit you like a fly swatter; the perfect name.

"Hey! How about... Tamaki?"

He looked at you, blinking. Then his face broke into a smile. "I really like that! Yeah!"

You grinned widely, patting his head. "I knew you'd love it."

"Tamaki..." he said quietly, as though testing it. "Gosh, it does have a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it?" he said, eyes sparkling.

"It certainly does! It suits you well! So, Tamaki, I know this video game sucks and we don't strictly need to eat, but may I take you for lunch?"

Tamaki laughed and stood up. "Of course! But I, being the man, should take you out to lun- MMF-" 

Before he could finish, you shoved your hand to his mouth.

"Toxic gender stereotypes. While it is nice for you to think of asking me out, I already asked you."

He stared at you, a little disgruntled, before he shrugged. You took your hand away from his mouth. He offered you his, and you took it, getting up and brushing yourself down. 

Who knew sitting in an untextured area would cover you with white dust? Ah well, whatever. 

You both walked back toward the textured part of the map, heading towards a small café inside of the playable area of the game. Neither of you wanted to be around NPCs but this was a place you could get food, so you might as well go there.

Was this a date?

...If it wasn't, you'd make it one.

(CREDITS TO @Xxnxskye FOR THE NAME!! THANKS TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO SUBMITTED NAMES 💖💖💖 It was a really hard choice in the end up cause I had my own thoughts on some names and some joke ones in case I didn't find any I liked but then BOOM there were so many great ones and I was gobsmacked !! Anyway I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I promise the next one will be fun! 💖)