Act 7 - The Sword of Azreal

(Y/N)'s POV

"The camp is being attacked! We have to help." I said as we closed in on the campsite we're the reinforcement and the natives are. We swoop high to give aerial support in the battle below. In the middle of the chaos, I see someone wearing white? If I'm not mistaken with her beautiful platinum blonde hair, blue eyes and shooting ice powers from her hands.

"Elsa…" Saying her name just made me feel my heart skipped a beat or two. My word, she has become more beautiful and mature in my absence. To think she was once held back by fear but now she has grown beautifully and gained more confidence in using her powers. 

"Stop with the lovestruck gaze. We got work to do." Father said, snapping me out of my thoughts and openly teased me while biting off one of the heads of a black bird.

"Why you-" I said, planning to retort back for embarrassment but I noticed an enemy about to ambush her. Without a second thought, I took out my cane, jumped out from father and fell down right into the monster with my cane slashing it. Then burning it to ash. When I tried to unsheath my cane to unleash the sword, something alarming happened. Why can't I release it from its binds? Zed? Zed?! Wait, don't tell me... Luckily the monsters around noticed my cane engulf with divine blue flames. They became hesitant to attack us, one of them howled as if signaling the others and they all retreated back to the forest. Some of the soldiers planned to follow them but were stopped by father. 

"No need to follow them. Stepping on the surrounding tar is dangerous and our priority is defense. Be on alert and treat the wounded." Father said as he transformed back to his usual form with a black chiffon cloth shawl covering his boned face. Hearing a faint sob behind me, I turned around to see Elsa in tears and overjoyed to see me.

"(Y/N)!..." Elsa said as she dashed towards my direction and enveloped me to a hug. She cried more when I returned her hug.

"Elsa, it's ok. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere…" I said creasing her back and giving a small kiss to her forehead. Giving comfort and to help her calm down.

"So… this is you. The real you." Elsa said, letting go and wiping off her tears then she softly caressed my cheek with her soft cold hand.

"Yes, just a little bit expressive but I'm still me. By the way, the ring looks good on you." I said, giving her a gentle smile which made her blush. Elsa was going to tell me something but she got interrupted with a familiar yet annoying voice calling us.

"Elsa are you alright? And... (Y/N)! Oh my goodness! You're back!" Frederick said as he trapped me with a bone-crushing hug and twirls me around like I'm sort of a ragged doll. Venrich also joined in Frederick's antics as well by hugging us both.

"The team is complete again! I love happy reunions." Venrich said letting go first.

"Did you cut your hair or something? It's a good look but I'm still not used to seeing your hair short and… your eyes. Wait! Ah! Fae impo-ack!" Before Frederick finished his outlandish accusation, I simply kicked him in the left shin. I'm sure that he feels twice the pain because I'm wearing my metal boots. He quickly let go of me to clutch his injury.

"That's the last thing of me being called an imposter. Venrich would've found me fast in the first place if I was a fake and I'm wearing metallic combat gear. Almost all Fae folk are weak to metal. Most shapeshifting faes are pure-blooded because half-bloods can only change their limbs. Have you ever learned anything from my lessons, Fred?" I said, irritated at him but I couldn't stay angry at him.

"O-ouch...Y-yep… you're the real deal and for the record, I'm just overly happy that your back." Frederick said, recovering from the hit. Then princess Anna and the others joined our overly loud conversation.