Act 8 - Unforseen Choice

Elsa's POV 

Hear loud rumbling sounds coming from a little far from camp. Worry was the first thing I felt when I remembered correctly, it’s where (y/n) and venrich headed too an hour ago. She told us to wait because she has something urgent to tell venrich in private before we leave to defeat the hollow walker. 

“Elsa! (y/n) and ven might be in trouble. We have to help them.” Frederick said with some soldiers in tow for assistance.

“Will stay here and look after the others, please be safe.” Anna said as I nod in agreement . Then with the aid of the water spirit, dashing out first and heading to where (Y/N) and ven went with Frederick and the other soldiers following in pursuit. 

As I firstly arrive, I see ven laying down on the ground and (Y/N) driving off some… "Earth giants!? But how can this be?" Then again when I looked closely at them, they were covered by the tainted tar like the monster that attacked us before. 

"(Y/N)! Ven!" I said without a second thought, I got off the water spirit and blasted some ice magic on the giants to assist (Y/N).

"Elsa, I need you to tend venrich, his badly hurt. We can't fight them physically because we can't touch the black tar but I have a way." (Y/N) said as I did what she asked and tended to venrich. 

"Venrich are alright? That's wrong?" I said to venrich.

"After the giant sended me flying to this tree like a rag doll, I must have broken something in my lower back and I can't move. But more importantly, what is (Y/N) going to do?" Venrich said while I used my ice magic to at least relieve him from the pain. Frederick and the soldiers just arrived.

"Elsa! Ven! Are you guys al-" Frederick said but he was cut off by a loud explosion and waves of blue flames coming from none other than (Y/N). She was holding a sword engulfed in intense blue flames but what gained my attention the most was her left arm. It pitch black but with traces of faint blue like veins can be seen. Her arm is emitting some aura… like the time with the black shadow in my dream. At first, I thought she was tainted by black tar but she's covered by the blue flames that the monsters are afraid of.

"Ven, Do you know about this?" I said

"All I know is the sword she's wielding is the Sword of Azreal in it's true form. She had trouble using it moments ago but now she must have found a way to use it again and purifying them with its divine flames. As for her arm… she only told me that about getting an extra limb while she was recovering in tir na nóg. She will tell the details about it another time." Venrich said

"Secretive as ever… I'll bug her with a lot of questions when this fiasco is over and she doesn't have a say in refusing. It's at least she can do for disappearing on us two and a half years ago." Frederick said, crossing his arms to his chest in annoyance. Then he signals the soldiers to stand down for the situation is now controlled and (Y/N)'s sword returns into its cane form then she heads towards us.

"Venrich how's your back?" (Y/N) worried for venrich's wellbeing.

"Elsa's magic made the pain manageable and I'm able to move a little but it can't hurt for a healer to check." Venrich said.

"I know all of you have tons of questions… But I assure you, I'll answer them in due time or when this is over." (Y/N) said, feeling our curious stares to her left arm while sheepishly scratching her left cheek. I'm still bewildered by her recent show of her expressiveness in a beautiful way.

"Cute..." Venrich and Frederick both said, earning deadly glares from (Y/N) and frightening the two in silence.

"Have the soldiers return to camp, carry venrich to safety and have them call father to come here. The prime giant along with his kin will recover soon. Best we leave now to end this predicament once and for all. The only lead we have to the source is Elsa's dream but we need to take a good look at it before doing any purification." (Y/N) said, turning around and looking at the sleeping earth giants.