Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

      Zephyr was walking to downtown Haven that night. He felt the cool breeze in his sandy blond hair, and excitement through his body. He was on the hunt. Just where he loved to be. Zeph was a Fallen Warrior. He captured Fallen Angels and disposed of them for their own good. They could not be trusted. Not again...

 It was March, 1997. Zeph was on the committee for the Immortal Fallen Integration council. They wished for the Fallen Angels to be accepted in the Human domain. He was one of the stongest believers in the integration of the Fallen. That is, until....Her.

She was beautiful beyond compair, and dark. Very dark and almost animal like, with a terrifying beauty that could shatter your soul with one look into those deathly cobalt eyes....He wanted to help her soo badly it hurt. He was soo attracted to her it hurt...He HAD to help her. He would if he died trying...

The council dismissed her case because of her greatly violent actions. Zephyr was outraged. He went to went to her, to run away from the unrighteous council. "Damn them!"  he thought. He ran to her and what he found would change his idea of love forever...

His one true love was with another man. Another of the Fallen! She was speaking all kinds of vulgar words about him. Him! The one who helped her and longed to be with her for eternity! She was talking of how she used him to get out of that council for good. How she only wanted to go and revel in the Darkness and was better off without his insolence and Good. Zephyr was damaged from that point on...He shut the door and ran.......ran fast and far.......hoping to run away from the sadness, and white hot rage that seared through him....It was then that he turned his back on the immortal beings. He would never love again in fact......Never again......

     Zeph snapped back to reality. She would never return. Never. This was the Hunt. His favorite part of his job. His own small version of revenge on all Immortal kind...He should revel in it, not despair about the past and past mistakes by a more foolish and far too open Zephyr. The new Zephyr was as closed off as a stone. Hardened and cold. He lived for the Hunt. He refocused on the present just as he witnessed something most peculiar....

      A boy named Stanton {He knew him from town} was running off with the captured thing that fell from the sky. He went to go catch up and admonish Stanton for releasing her before he could even arrive, however, Stanton was running with her, not after her. They were running away from Haven....together. That made Zeph burn.....How could they be allied already?! She just fell from the freaking sky a few hours prior to this sighting! She must be convincing him to help her find her Darkness....Zeph loaded his bow and ran after them with the red hot passion of a true beast after it's prey..

                                                                               ~Stanton~

   What in the hell am I doing?!  Stanton thought to himself. Here he was, rescuing a thing that fell from the freaking sky, and all he knew was her name....Not even her full name either! Stanton felt really, really stupid at that moment, but he had better things to worry about...Like, where was he going to put Amaranth for the night?! His old farmhouse? He'd have to. There was nowhere else...Oh well. He'd figure it out in the morning. Right now, he'd have to sleuth a tad bit to figure out who she really was, why she fell and what she's doing here. While he was putting his mind together, Ama pulled some Cheez-Itz out of her pocket...?

"What's that you got there Ama?" Stanton said with a cocky grin

"Cheez-Itz. My favorite..." Ama blushed profusely.