Entry 14

You will never believe what I found! I followed a scent to a warthog, who was obliviously searching for bugs. I stalked him through the grass, then pounced. He started squealing like...a warthog. He had gotten stuck under a tree and I was closing  in to make the kill when out of nowhere,  a male lion leaped in between me and the warthog. I thought he wanted the warthog for himself, and I was too hungry to let him take it. I pinned him to the ground,  growling. For a moment we just stared at each other. Then something in his face stirred a memory. His eyes flashed recognition. "Nala!?!?" We stared some more. He got up. "It's me. Simba" "Simba...!?" Then we talked at once,  jumping all over each other. And then it hit me: if he's alive, then he's the King! Not Scar! We talked for a while,  and I got the feeling that he didn't want to be King. Odd. It was the topic of many of his conversations when he was little. But this lion wasn't little. He was bigger than me. And quite handsome. He showed me the whole oasis, butterflies, hills, trees,  flowers. And we stopped to drink from a pond with a waterfall! Simba looked like he was going to say something,  but he didn't. Why won't he be our King? I know he can do it. He must. Simba is calling me now. He says he wants to show me where there are vines we can rest in. Be back soon.

I am Nala.