Chapter 1 - Lost

Asia's POV

I opened my eyes to face the burning sun on my face. Today was yet another day of school for me.

I got out of my warm bed and made my way towards the washroom. "Asia! are you awake?" my mom called. "Yeah! I am awake, mom!" I called out answering her.

After I finished doing my stuff in the bathroom, I came into the living room where I found my mom sitting on the couch sipping her coffee. I tried my best to walk silently behind her so I wouldn't have to face her. She annoys me a lot by only talking about my marks.

But I failed as she got up at that very moment to wash her cup. She looked at me and lightly smiled, which is a thing she rarely does.

It made me wonder what made her feel a little good today after seeing me. "Good morning mom," I greeted, making her turn her attention to me. "Morning, I have news for you!" She said. "What is it!?" I quizzed. "Your headmistress emailed saying that she hardly sees you in the school. Where do you go in your lunch time Asia? She also wrote that you spread rumors about Shane! Is that true young lady?"

"No, mom I don't even be around Shane! He's lying to his teeth. You know that his dad's position makes Mrs. Holland believe any rant of his. I have to eat my lunch in the washroom stall or the janitor's room to escape his ragging. I would spread no rumors about him! I swear on Applehead!" I said, making my mom stand silent.

"Okay... I believe you about that. I want you to face Shane someday. You can tell Mrs. Holland about him. Anyway, did you get your physics marks?"

She asked me, making me regret answering any of her questions. "Yes... I got them yesterday through the mail from the school," I answered her. This made her face light up. "Through mail?" She repeated my statement. "Why haven't I received it then? You better login through your email in my computer and never log out." It scared me to death when she said that, I couldn't let her see my emails as I get some from a therapist I found online. She helps me cope up with loneliness. If my mom will see those messages, she will block her and give me a huge lecture on pretending to suffer and to focus on being the topper of my grade. "Asia?" My mom called, breaking my chain of thoughts. "Yea, I'll do that after school mom, I'm getting late now, gotta run" which I meant seriously as I ran out with my bag to reach school leaving my mom calling my name.

to be continued...