unison sign

After being smothered by my parents in front of Kakashi, we went to my old room. when I opened the door to my room it looked exactly the same as the day i woke up before i was kidnapped.

i waited by the side of the door for Kakashi to walk in before closing the door behind him and taking a seat on my bed. i did my best to wipe my already puffy red eyes before seeing my parents but my eyes still felt swollen and my emotions were still high.

Kakashi took a seat in my vanity chair and looked around my room. i watched as his eyes searched my room before they landed on a picture of Rin and Kakashi that sat on my bedside table. it portrayed them fighting over one of Kakashi's books, i had gone through a phase where i brought my camera everywhere and had taken a picture of them fighting because I thought it was so funny.

Kakashi and i sat there and talked about what happened to Obito, and then to Rin. I've never cried more than i had listening to the trauma Kakashi endured, and to think he's still here to tell the stories. my heart aches for the loss of my sister but it ached more for the boy in front of me.

Kakashi was still sat on my vanity chair, his head hung low and his tears falling onto the floor of my room. he had lifted his headband, so he wouldn't be sitting with a tear soaked cloth over his eye, and was silently sobbing to himself.

i grabbed one of kakashis hands that were hanging between his legs and pulled him over to the bed, forcing him to stand up and turn so he could sit next to me.

"Kakashi, i don't blame you. It really wasn't your fault." i got out without stuttering over my sobs. Kakashi snapped his head up to look at me with his puffy red eyes. i yearned to fill the hole in his heart that was aching for his friends but for now, the best I could do was wrap my arms around him and hug him. "it's gonna be just fine Kashi-kun, don't you fret."

--

1 month later

it's been about a month since I woke up in the leaf, and today was the day I was to get started training again. Minato-sensei wants to see me in his office this morning to discuss details about what he wants me to do.

i put on my usual outfit (pictured below) and grabbed my kunai bag, strapping it around my waist.

i slipped on my shoes before tying my medium length brown hair up into a quick ponytail. once i felt like I was ready, i grabbed my hidden leaf headband that gai had brought me, screaming something about the power of youth or something like that, and tied it around my forehead. i slipped on my gloves that matched my shirt and headed out of my room to be met by my older sister Mai and my Ma and Pa.

after being forced to eat some food even though I was already late, having been summoned for 9 am and it was now around 9:45, i was able to bolt out the front door. I jumped from tree to tree until i got closer to the inner city, in which i jumped from rooftop to rooftop until i made it to the Hokage building. i jumped into the Hokages office through the open window to be met with minato and Kakashi.

"Michiko, great of you to join us." Minato greeted, giving me a warm smile.

"my apologies for being late, minato sensei, my parents forced me to eat before i left." i said, rubbing the back of my neck, smiling nervously.

Minato just chuckled and motioned for me to stand with Kakashi. " Anyways i called you both here to discuss a special mission for you both."

"but minato-sensei, i already have a mission." Kakashi sputtered out.

"I'm asking you to drop your mission, but first and foremost, Kushina is pregnant." both Kakashi and i gasped.

"congratulations sensei!" both Kakashi and i exclaimed.