After the ANBU

It had been a long couple of years. The more time had passed, the less I had seen of Kakashi. He grew cold and distant, something obviously eating away at him. I could only wait for him to come back around and see the world wasn't against him.

It was now August 1st and i was counting down the days til my 21st birthday. i always did this for mine and Kakashi's birthdays, but lately, I've been celebrating Kakashi's birthdays alone due to Kakashi never being around anymore.

My birthday was in 4 days and I wanted to surprise Kakashi by forcing him to celebrate with me. I had been asking around (mostly just Lord third) and found out Kakashi would be dismissed from the ANBU today and I couldn't be more excited. I had been waiting for the day Kakashi wouldn't have an excuse to ignore my requests to hang with him.

I had it all planned out, Lord Third would dismiss Kakashi from the ANBU and I would find Kakashi at the memorial site soon afterwards due to him wanting to share the news to Obito and Rin. I knew he still held onto their deaths and blamed himself for them but I was determined to make it known to him that he needs to move past their deaths and live life to the fullest.

 I knew he still held onto their deaths and blamed himself for them but I was determined to make it known to him that he needs to move past their deaths and live life to the fullest

I quickly put on my blue two piece suit, that i could fool anyone to think was a jumpsuit, and topped it off with an orange vest and orange leg warmers and my trustee sandals.

I admired the way the outfit clung to my curvy body that I had quickly grown into over the past 10 years. I brushed out my mid-back length brown hair and fixed my bangs before braiding my hair into two braids, tying them off and letting them rest over my shoulders before nodding at myself in the long mirror that was against my bedroom wall.

I made my way out of my bedroom and into the living room of my quaint apartment

I made my way out of my bedroom and into the living room of my quaint apartment. I took an apple out of my fruit basket on the counter and took a large bite out of it before making my way to the front door. I walked out of my apartment and down the stairs of the apartment building to the ground level. I walked out of the building and started my short journey to the memorial site.

I ate my apple on the way, savouring the juicy, nutritious fruit as I walked through the crowded afternoon streets of the village. Once I neared the memorial site I suppressed my chakra, hoping to catch Kakashi by surprise. I wandered on the outskirts of the site, hiding in the trees that surrounded the memorial filled with graves of shinobi.