Nine Tails

That morning was like any other morning. Nothing had changed, nothing had felt odd, just, normal. I was currently on my way home from a mission, I still had a few hours left but i was taking my time. It was a simple mission, just a delivery of a package to a close allying nation, Kakashi and I having been released from our duties to protect Kushina since she was due soon and required more protection than two ANBU kids.

It was me, Genma, and Ebisu. apparently it was Gai's day off and these two needed one more person for their team and I was the only choice left.

It was a long 8 hours from the time we started to the time we got to the front gates. I was sore and tired and just wanted a bath. The sun was just starting to set and I was ready to go home and take a warm shower to rinse the dirt and grime off of myself and then fall into the deepest sleep I've ever known, but me, Genma, and Ebisu had to report to Minato before I could go home, so I trudge behind them, my feet practically dragging on the pavement.

"Oi, Michiko, pick up the place, stop dragging your feet like an idiot." Genma said, annoyed. I rolled my eyes and straightened up, walking in line with Genma and Ebisu, smirking while side eyeing Genma on my left.

"I wasn't much of an idiot when I saved your ass from those bandits." I quipped back and him and his ears flared red in embarrassment. He looked down at the ground.

"Shut up."

*flashback*

I watched from afar as Genma struggled to fend off a bandit ninja that was trying to ambush us with a group of others me and Ebisu were helping fend off.

I was finishing off my current opponent when I heard a grunt from where I had last seen Genma. I landed one last finishing blow to my opponent, their body dropped to the ground, and I rushed to Genma's aid.

"No, I don't wanna die!" Genma exclaimed as the attacker moved to stab Genma with a katana. I threw one of my shuriken at the katana's blade, mid leap towards Genma, hitting the blade causing it shift slightly, just barely missing Genma's cowering form on the ground. The shuriken lodged into a tree trunk right behind Genma.

I performed the Flying Raijin that I had begged Minato to teach me, which he reluctantly agreed on the terms I would one day teach his son when the time was right. I flew through space time in the blink of an eye to the spot where my kunai had landed and launched myself at Genma's attacker, reaching out and grabbing his head with both hands as my legs flew above us and I torqued my body, twisting til i heard the satisfying snap of their neck, letting go of their neck and landing on my feet in front on Genma.

"Thank god!" Genma exclaimed, brushing himself off as I rolled my eyes and went to go help Ebisu.

*flashback end*

I chuckled at the memory and continued forward to the hokage building.

I suddenly started feeling uneasy, my gut telling me something was wrong but everything around us looked as it should. "Do you guys feel-" and then it hit me.

That chakra.

My eyes widened and I slowly went to look where the chakra source was, only to see the Nine Tails in all it's glory. My heart dropped to my stomach, everything around the beast englufed in red and orange flames. I could hear Genma to my right calling my name, but i couldn't make out what he was saying, the fear engulfing me in a world of silent chaos that rang in my ears.

I was soon pulled out of my trance by Genma shoving me to the side, hoping to get my attention. "Michiko, snap out of it!" Genma exclaimed. I shook My head, shaking myself out of my trance before nodding at Genma. "We need to go help protect the village from the nine tails." Gemma said before a masked ANBU shinobi appeared behind Genma.