Chapter 8: Mitch

I walked into Phil's office and sat down in the chair across from his desk. "What did you need?" Phil grins at me "Someone's chipper" I shrug "I finally heard from my soulmate. Never thought I would be this excited about it," Phil laughs "Ah yes, I remember my soulmate journal." I think back to when Phil and Joan started dating. They hadn't found each other until years after starting to write in their journals. The thought makes my heart sink a little, I don't want to wait that long to meet my soulmate. I shook my head and tuned back into what Phil was saying. "Anyways, you've got some special missions. And you cannot do this alone so pick at least two people to go with you." I groan. "Fine, only for you though"

I walk out and head to my go to team, Haneesh and Zahra. "Hey, got any plans?" I asked Haneesh he nodded. "Yeah, Zahra, Bergy and I are about to head out on a mission" I sigh. That just leaves two more bearable options.

     "Hey Mitch!" I hear the chipper voice behind me. I turn to face Miko "Hello newbie, I was actually just going to come looking for you" I glance around "Where's the other newbie?" She gestures vaguely over her shoulder, "He's coming, what did you need us for?" She asks. I tell her what Phil said "...and you two were the last people here I can tolerate"

     She grins "Awe that's so sweet Mitch" she teases. I scoff. "Yeah yeah, now go get your little buddy while I start the car" I turn on my heal and walk off. I head to the garage where my car, Priscilla, is sitting. "Well hello gorgeous" I say as I wink at myself in the mirror. I get into the driver's seat and pull out front, waiting for Five and Miko.

     Finally after a whole 10 minutes they came out and got in the car. Five in the front and Miko in the back. I breifed them on our first mission and off we went.