Chapter 7; Five

I woke up the next morning to Miko leaning over my bed. "Morning sleepyhead!" She shouted in my face. I shot up, screaming "WHAT THE FUCK!?" Miko stood there with a smile on her face, "So, you fell asleep with your soulmate journal open?"

     I unwrapped my arms from around my legs and climbed out of my terrified fetal position, looking off the side of my bed where my soulmate journal had fallen in my panic. "Huh. I guess I did" I smile to myself, thinking about my soulmate.
"Also, did you know you snore?"

     I kicked Miko out of my room and got dressed quickly, grabbing my bag for work. As I started to walk out my bedroom door, I hesitated. I reacher over and grabbed my soulmate journal and put it in my bag. I turned back around and Miko was smirking at me. "Shut up." I said with a smile.

     We rode our bikes to work per usual. When we got to work Bergy was working the counter. "Hey guys! What's happening?" He shot finger guns at us as he spoke. I snort, "Wassup Burgster." Miko made a fist and patted her chest with it. He laughed and waved us on as we headed back to the main area.

     Jumping through the locker portal, we landed on the balcony in HQ, looking around. I grinned, no matter how many times I looked out on my fellow Techs I was still stunned. I still couldn't believe I was here.

     As I was distracted I heard a familiar stuck up laugh. "Still speechless eh?" Mitch came up and threw an arm around my shoulder. "What else would I expect from a Newbie?" I look to my side and notice Miko was gone, she must have gone off while I was staring.

     I shrug off Mitch's arm and laugh sarcastically. "It's been 3 years. Still can't come up with a better nickname?" I tease, starting down the stairs. Mitch stutters for a minute than catches up with me. "Whatever, Newbie" he sits on the rail and slides down the staircase. I chuckle to myself, "What put you in such a good mood?" I ask.

     "What do you mean?" He asks in response. I reach the bottom of the stairs and shrug "You just seem more cheerful than usual." He shrugs in response. "Didn't realize" he was drowned out by Phil coming over the intercom system. "Mitch! Report to my office!" He groaned "That's me. See you later, Newbie."

     I roll my eyes as he saunters away. Even though we were friends now I could still tell he was a prick. I headed to the break room where I found Miko. Soon after I got there we headed off for our daily missions.