Chapter 4; Mitch

I have never lost my soulmate journal, but I have forgotten about it. After all, it always stays in a box under my bed, and something like that is easy to forget about. Until today. I was searching for a puzzle to start since it was my day off work and I had nothing else to do, when I came across the journal box. I realized I hadn't opened it in months. I opened the box and saw that the words on the spine had turned green, the sign of a response. I quickly open the journal, there I see it.

     'Hello! Nice to meet you!' I feel myself start to tear up. After almost 3 1/2 years... my soulmate. I can't imagine them being anything but perfect. Even their handwriting was perfect, so flowy and pretty. A little feminine, makes me wonder if my soulmate is male or female or even someone in-between. I grab my lucky pen off my bedside table and right back. 'About time! I've been waiting for you' I stare at the journal for a minute before sighing. I get up to get breakfast, leaving my journal open on the bed.

     I came back about and hour later, having eaten and showered and saw a response. 'Boy, am I glad to hear from you. I feel like it's been forever!' I smile, they've been waiting. 'It has been forever. We've never spoken before' I reply back. Before I can even get up from my spot on the bed another message fades onto the page 'As far as we know' they point out. If I could smile more, I would, but at that point I was smiling so wide that smiling anymore would be impossible. 'No, I'm pretty sure we haven't met, I would know my soulmate when I saw them' I write back. 

     We wrote back and forth for a little bit before they said 'I have to go to work now, talk later?' to which I responded 'Definitely' I then went about my day, with extra spring in my step.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys, gals, and all my other pals! Sorry it's been a while since my last update but I promise I'll be updating on more of a schedule soon. You can probably expect updates to come every Friday night or Saturday. Thank you all for reading and have a wonderful day/night!