Chapter 5; Five

I walked out of my home, calling out a goodbye to my grandparents. I rode my bike to Miko's house to pick her up for work. I opened the door to her house and dodged a ball being thrown out the door. "NO THROWING BALLS IN THE HOUSE LEXI!" I heard Mrs. Kubota yell. I chuckle and walk in, darting side to side to avoid hitting any of Miko's siblings. A chorus of "Hey Five" "Hello Miko's friend" "What's up Fivers" rang out as I walked through to get to the stairs. I poked my head into the kitchen and waved to Miko's parents. "Here to pick up Miko for work" I tell them they nod and wave me up the stairs.

      I knock on Miko and Lexi's bedroom door. Miko opens it almost immediately and pulls me in, grabbing her bag. She turns back around to face me "What happened? I can see your excitement right now," I smile recounting the story of my morning, from the time I woke up until I found my journal and saw that my soulmate had written back and all the writing we did after that. I finished my quick little rant about my morning and saw Miko with the world's most shit-eating grin on her face. 

     "Someone's in looooooovvvvveeeeee" she teased. I just smiled, "Well they are my soulmate so it's bound to happen eventually," Miko rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag. "Let's go loverboy." I followed her throughout the house, waving goodbye to her parents and siblings. He had quickly been invited into the family by the Kubota's and he was perfectly fine with that. He loved his family, but he liked the hecticness of Miko's family. All the sibling noise made him happy, as he never had a sibling of his own. 

     Miko and I grabbed our bikes and headed to the store. We were assigned to work the sales floor, which was fine with me, as I loved talking to customers. When we clocked in I saw it was surprisingly empty, especially for a Saturday. Miko and I sat behind the counter and talked, helping the sparse amount of customers while we chatted. 

     "So any thoughts on who your soulmate might be?" Miko asked me. I shrugged "We haven't had time to talk about ourselves much, but they seem like my type," Miko snorted. "Anyone who shows you basic attention is 'your type'" she jokes. I grin, she was right, I was a hopeless romantic that always thought I would know my soulmate the second I met them, and I still might. After all I don't know anything about them, let alone if we've met before. 

     Miko and I worked the rest of our shift while shooting the breeze. Normally, we would be doing field work but today we had aa shortage of company vans due to one needing repair, so we just went home after work. I biked with Miko back to her house and visited for a while before heading back to my house at around 5pm. 

     I got home and flew up the stairs, grabbing my soulmate journal and throwing my bag down on the bed. I whipped out a pen and wrote to my soulmate 'Hey, I'm back, sorry it took so long' I wrote in the journal. After a few minutes of no response I went downstairs to have dinner. Abuela and Abuelo were having date night so I was alone in the apartment. I made a burrito and climbed the stairs to eat it in my bedroom. I glanced at my journal, and saw my soulmate had responded. I scarfed down my burrito and picked up the journal. 'Hey, how's it going?'