XVI

- That's a good thing, I'm hungry. - Declared Rayan putting his sweatshirt back on.

Well, the boy was certainly more intoxicated than I was. Of course, I wasn't stressing about the prospect of having dinner together with my doberman and my adoptive family, the way I would have stressed if I had been completely sober. What stressed me out more was that everyone would see past me to the fact that I smoked marijuana. When I say "everyone," I mean Kevin. The Royal Military Academy student isn't stupid and certainly knows what a person looks like after smoking weed. Aurelia rather does too, yet she was the least of my problems. For a moment I thought it would be a good idea to shove Rayan in his car and just drive off. But when I saw his condition, I realized that would be a bad idea. He wasn't particularly crazy, but after using drugs like that, it would be better if he didn't drive. To be honest, I did not expect that he would feel anything from this one "twist". I looked at him again. Sweatpants, sweatshirt. Knowing life, Von Rostovie will wear the best dresses they have, and he looks... well, he looks like he looks and that's it.

- Rayan, why don't I lend you something to change into? I have some shirts.- I offered in an embarrassed voice.

- That I'm supposed to fit into your shirts Max? - The Doberman once again today bared his teeth at me in a strange grin. - Cool dude, I know how to behave at the table. I won't embarrass you.

- I was more concerned with you not feeling stupid... They'll probably all be dressed in gowns and shirts and stuff.

- Ahm I don't give a shit about that altogether. - He said in a tone that clearly indicated that the young adult did indeed give a damn about that aspect. - Shall we go? I'm really hungry.

I nodded affirmatively. Rayan straightened up, smiled once again, and moved toward the door. We walked out of the room straight into the hallway and then down the stairs. We passed the front door of the house, then headed into the dining room. Entering I found exactly what I expected. Apolonia dressed in a gown that looked more like royal silks. She, of course, was already sitting at the table and did not seem to pay the slightest attention to the fact that she had a guest in her house. The rest were still standing at the table talking. Luna was dressed in a shiny black gown with a long, smoldering cigarette in her hand. Rayan, seeing this, immediately began rummaging in his pocket, probably in search of his own pack of cigarettes. Next was my mother Catleyn, dressed in a pink costume that perfectly matched her light colored fur. Next to her was none other than Gregory. Modest today, as he was dressed in black pants and an almost blood red shirt. We couldn't miss Aurelia, who wore the same sweatshirt with the boxing team logo that I saw her in for the first time. And then there was Kevin. When I looked at him, I immediately felt silly. He was also dressed modestly, wearing a blue shirt and dark brown pants. However, that was not the reason I was embarrassed. The man measured the doberman with his eyes from top to bottom. There was no denying that he was not pleased at the prospect of hosting Rayan. But what could he do? What could I have done? He almost paid no attention to me, just stared at the boxing team boy as if he were a dangerous insect that needed to be crushed immediately. Once we were close to the homies, I heard Rayan say to himself under his breath, "damn."

Immediately, we stood in front of the family, who all turned towards us, pouring their gazes into us. Even Grandma Apolonia looked at Rayan.

- I would like to introduce you to my schoolmate Rayan. - I said as naturally as possible.

Unbeknownst to me, my mom rushed to greet the doberman first.

- Catleyn Porter, Max's mom. Nice to meet you. - Said my mom shaking his hand. Kevin shook her hand and exchanged pleasantries with my mom.

- Gregory Von Rostov. - Said the German Shepherd shaking Rayan's hand. This shake was already more "manly" if I can call it that.

Kevin came up as well.