XXI

- So what? He doesn't have to know everything, after all.

- Kevin will find out eventually anyway.

- But necessarily needs to find out from you?

It's no surprise that the whole school by the end of yesterday already knew that I had kissed Rayan Cory. On the other hand, it also doesn't surprise me that no one dared to comment on it openly. They were all afraid. They shouldn't be afraid of just Rayan, but of me too. If anyone said anything stupid in my direction, I wouldn't have any resistance to get into a verbal skirmish to substantively destroy someone. Well, maybe at least try to destroy someone with that substance. On Aurelia, of course, these techniques did not work. Although our relationship had improved considerably, she still remained often irritating in her way of reasoning. Even that I could understand, she was angry. After all, she has been hunting Rayan for a long time and I scored a kiss with him after a month of acquaintance. And what a tumultuous acquaintance it was. However, I didn't see any reason for her to make Kevin aware of it. Being angry is one thing, but making someone unjustifiably rude is another. Finally, I know how Kevin would react to this information. It's enough that he doesn't yet know about the fact that Rayan will also be here tonight.

- Listen, Aurelia. - I continued right after I took a sip of my morning coffee in the kitchen of the Von Rostov house. - If you want, you can even try to score Rayan today. You can do whatever you want with him, as long as he's willing. But don't create a nervous atmosphere. You know how hard on Rayan Kevin is, and after all, it's my birthday. Could we survive in a somewhat civilized manner?

Aurelia clearly didn't like the idea. Perhaps she was counting on Kevin to somehow aid her pretension of getting laid by the doberman? It's hard to say although it's clear that the teenager was not predisposed to sober thinking in situations that stressed her out.

- Do you understand? - I asked already a little irritated.

- Fucking okey. - She replied by putting a whole hard boiled egg in her mouth. She continued with the food in her mouth. - So that kiss was definitely just part of your performance? I don't have to worry about anything?

- Yes. - I replied at the same time starting to shake my leg reflexively.

- It's pretty cute how you guys are arguing about that boy. - I heard Luna's voice coming into the kitchen.

The woman was obviously walking with a cigarette in her hand with her typical proud and upright step. Her hair was tied up and her pajamas looked more like part of her next outfit for a fashion show than something to sleep in comfortably.

- Mrs. Luna! - Shouted Buck, standing somewhere at the side of the kitchen drinking his mug of coffee, which he immediately put down on the counter. - You look beautiful today!

 - You look beautiful today!