Bruhmance!

(Me: Thank you, Nights, for the inspiration of this chapter's name!
Nights: You're welco-
Me: But, I'm not forgiving you for your interference with the story.
Nights: ........ Fair enough.)

Sans held Cross up and dragged him over to a more stable-looking building and went inside. Maybe there were some medical supplies he could use to patch up this injured bruh? He found a couple of humans cowering behind the cash register on the right of the building, which was presumably a store of some kind. It sold a lot of different products, from kitchen utensils to power tools, clothing and fashion accessories to groceries. He looked back outside to see a sign that read, "General Store." That makes more sense, now. Hopefully, they had some medical wraps or gauze for the skeleton's injuries.

He set Cross down to lean against a wall and approached the cash register and the human employees carefully.
"Heya, bruh, I'm not gonna hurtcha. I just need some stuff ta patch up my bruh over there."

Cross rolled his eyelights.
"No human would willingly help a monster, dipshit. They're practically programmed to hate us."

One of the humans stood up slowly, feeling slightly offended with Cross' unfair judgement on him and his coworker. He decided to help them, even if one of them was being pretty quick with their assumptions. He wasn't racist, or sexist, or quick to judge people too harshly. A lot would have to happen to faze him. He'd worked in customer service long enough to learn how to tell a friendly face to a... not so friendly face, and from what he could tell from the purple skeleton, he wasn't lying. His friend on the opposite side of the room really did need help if that wound in his leg was anything to go by. He smiled a bit, walking out from behind the counter.

"M-my name's Kyle. I think I can help you."

"Aww, thanks, bruh! I owe ya one!"

Kyle chuckled a bit and led Sans down one of the aisles. The other employee, a blonde girl in her twenties, peeked over the edge of the counter at the other skeleton. He noticed her looking, and glared at her. She hid back behind the counter, scared that the skeleton would kill her for her lack of manners. Well, I mean, she had no idea if a monster would be offended by poor manners, but in her situation, she probably should stay on the safe side.

She always prided herself on her cordiality, especially to those who were different from her. She and Kyle got along well because of their similar mindset of judging people unfairly; however, she had caught a glimpse of this same skeleton literally slashing a building in half, causing it collapse just a few blocks away. You can imagine her terror and shock as she felt the ground beneath her tremble from the impact. As the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words," and this skeleton's previous actions told her he was not friendly. She's met quite a few people who were more immediate threats to her than him, and most of the time, she was able to escape the situations gracefully.

Now, she was faced with a choice; continue to hide like a coward, or go out and try to help these... guys. Are they guys? Eh, with skeletons, one might never figure out their gender.

(Personal headcanon, skeleton monsters are gender fluid by default, unless they specify what gender they prefer. The reason for this is because some authors I've seen made them able to summon ecto bodies, either for a dare or.... other reasons. To me, this makes some sense, since how else would they reproduce? I'm a huge logic and biology nut, even though logic isn't supposed to exist in this fandom, but you, my dear readers, can continue to believe and enjoy whatever you want, as long as you aren't hurting anyone. If you don't like how I portray my story and the characters in said story, go find a different story. No sense in sticking around when you clearly don't like it, here. Besides, I'd rather not see people hating me, the author, for putting an element they don't like in the story because I really like how my story is going. Rant about it all you want, but not where I can see it, please. I won't be able to maintain motivation to write this story if people hate on me for it.)