Congratulations

Hamilton AU

Shuichi was at his desk, stressed out of his mind. He had a lot of work to do and this whole affair situation just added to it.

He heard the door of his office open. He glanced up and saw purple hair and purple eyes, both of which applied to the one and only Kokichi Schuyler, his wife's , Kaedes, older brother.

"Hello, Kokichi," Shuichi said with a smile.

"Hello, Shuichi," Kokichi exchanged the smile.

Shuichi went to talk some more but was cut off by the man that was in front of him"I have one thing to say to you, Shuichi," His smile dissolving into a scowl.

 Congratulations

Shuichi tried to negotiate but Kokichi proceeded anyways.

"You have invented a new kind of stupid.

 A damage you can never undo' kind of stupid."

 He then sat on the desk pressing the bridge of his nose, the look of irritation obvious on his face.

An 'open all the cages in the zoo' kind of stupid! 

Truly, you didn't think this through?' kind of stupid

 He stood up forward and flung his hands onto the desk

Let's review.

 You took a rumor, a few maybe two people knew and refuted it by sharing an affair of which no one has accused you

"Look I-" Shuichi commenced

I begged you to take a break, you refused to. 

So scared of what your enemies will do to you. 

Kokichi then started to walk back and forth around the room in a rage. 

You're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to

You know why Gonta can do what he wants? He doesn't dignify school-yard taunts with a response! So yeah, congratulations! He asserted

"Kokichi..."

You've redefined your legacy Congratulations!

It was an act of political sacrifice! Shuichi blurted out, not understanding that made Kokichi finally snap.

Sacrifice? "That's what you call sacrifice Shuichi? I'm about to show you what sacrifice really looks like!" Kokichi yelled.

I languished in a loveless marriage in London I lived only to read your letters

Tears had begun to form in both of their eyes. 

Kokichi looked up at Katsuki and swung his head.

I look at you and think 'God,what have we done with our lives and what did it get us? Kokichi then swung his hands around in pure hatred and inability

That doesn't wipe the tears or the years away.

But I'm back in the city and I'm here to stay 

And you know what I'm here to do? Kokichi wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall down.

"Kokichi" Shuichi extended his hand

Kokichi has had enough of this boy, he slapped away Shuichi's hand

 "Oh silly Shuichi...

I'm not here for you

I know my sister like I know my own mind you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind

This time, the tears had frightened to befall down Suichi's face

Kokichi marched forward and put his forefinger on Shuichi's chest. 

and a million years ago she said to me 'this one's mine' 

He was referring to the night of the Winter Ball when Kokichi gave up his love for Shuichi for Kaede to be happy.

So I stood by Do you know why?

Kokichi did not bother anymore that the tears were slipping down his face.

I love my sister more than anything in this life I will choose her happiness over mine every time! 

Kaede!

Kaede... Shuichi murmured under his breath, regretting what he has done.

Is the best thing in our lives! So never lose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the best wife! 

Kokichi was beyond angry... he was infuriated.

Shuichi now had the tears streaming down his cheeks while listening to Kokichi. He had an immeasurable amount of resentment striking him all at once.

Congratulations! 

For the rest of your life 

Every sacrifice you make is for my sister!

 Give her the best life! 

Kokichi lifted his hand and smacked Shuichi across the face, transmitting a mark.

Shuichi looked down at the angry small purple haried boy, still rubbing his cheek.

Kokichi looked down at him, grimacing in dissatisfaction 

Congratulations

Shuichi then sat down in his office chair.

He was all alone, as he was rubbing his cheek he saw a photograph, it was of him, Kaede, and their 2 kids. All he could think was...

"What have I done?"