In the Hospital (Nagito and Mikan)

*Nagito's POV*

I wake up in a brightly lit room. The walls were all white and I could feel something touch my face. It was an air mask. I gently remove it and look throughout the room.

What happened?

I turn to see Chiaki Nanami and Hajime Hinata snuggled up on the sofa even if Hajime assures everyone that they "aren't dating." Those are his own statements, not mine.

I see Ibuki Mioda on a chair, she was sleeping as well.

I look more around and I don't see Mikan Tsumiki, my girlfriend, the one important person who I really wanted to be there.

Suddenly, I hear her open the door and I immediately pretend to sleep. She strolls into the room and sits down next to me.

She grabs my hand and I could hear her constrained and hitched breathing, which shows me that she had been crying. I have never in the time that we've been dating have seen or heard Mikan cry so much before...she always said it was too babyish to cry that much but I guess she has no choice when me, the love of her life, is in the hospital.

"Nagito...you've been in a coma for weeks due to the explosion and I really want you to wake up. Please. I love you. I want to be able to kiss you, hold your hand, teach you, have you teach me about how to be a better person than I already am, hold you, make food with you and so much more. So please, wake up, wake up Nagito... please..."

By now, I think I am just about to cry with how loving she actually is. I "wake up" and face her with a smile. She looks at me shocked before she kisses me, murmuring "I-I love you." "I love you too Mikan!" I whisper shout and kiss her again." H-Here," she says and hands me some white roses and daisies. As I look around I see more of the beautiful flowers placed in clear vases all around my hospital room. Were these all from her?

"Mikan......did you really buy me all these flowers?" I ask. She blushes slightly and nods, rubbing her  hand over the back of her neck embarrassed."Aww! Thank you!" I say and jump forward to tackle her in a hug.

The others start to wake up and come over once they see that I am awake. They all smile and hug me.  They were happy that their crazy friend was alive.

~Time Skip~

A few weeks had passed by and I was out of the hospital. I was sitting with Mikan on the couch in our apartment late one night. I look over at her and smile. How did a guy like me end up with a wonderful girl like her?

 Despite her clumsiness, she always finds a way to make up for it. 

"Hey, Nagito, do you know what day it is in a few minutes?" Mikan asks me, breaking the silence between us. Looking at the clock, it read 11:58 P.M  "Uh, it's April 28th tomorrow, why do you ask?" I say confused, she plotting something? 

"It's your birthday you silly!" she said giggling. How could I forget that?"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that," I say as the clock then struck midnight, it was now my birthday. 

Mikan yawned and started falling asleep on my shoulder. "In the morning, we'll celebrate, only us, ok?" she asks. I nod as I laid down cuddling her in my arms falling asleep.

Morning came and I woke up to the smell of waffles and bacon. I walk into the kitchen and see Mikan cooking. She looked so cute with her long purple hair in twin buns.

 I walk up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and gave her a gentle kiss on her neck. "Morning Mikan," I say as she turns around to face me. "Morning birthday boy," she replies. She then started to kiss me as I held her closer kissing back.  

We then sit down at the table and began eating. "Man Mikan, I think Teruteru has some competition cause these are amazing!"I say between bites of food. She giggles with a subtle blush on her face. 

While eating, I got to thinking, she and I have been dating for 4 1/2 years at this point, I really wanted to ask her something important and I think today is the day to do it. I had planned to ask her a few weeks ago but then I ended up in the hospital cause I fell into a coma. 

"Nagito, you ok?" Mikan asks. "Y-yeah, sorry about that, I spaced out, my bad, " I chuckle. She then walks over to the sink and begins to wash the dishes. "Mikan let me do those so you don't have to," I tell her. "Remember what happened last time Nagito, you almost cut your finger off," she said. "That was one time Mikan," I tell her but she convinces me that she can do it. I sigh and then sit on the couch watching tv. 

After she finished the dishes, she walks over to the couch and covered my eyes. "M-Mikan, I can't see!" I screech. "I know but I  have a surprise for you," she said, leading me outside. I was very confused until I heard a little bark. "Mikan you didn't," I say as she uncovers my eyes. "I did," she replies with a giggle.  

I then look down and see a little corgi pup that was full of energy running around my legs in circles. "Mikan, your the best, I can't thank you enough," I say while kissing her cheek. We then look at the little puppy who was climbing my leg, wanting to be picked up.  I pick up the puppy and ask Mikan what was their name. ¨The puppy? She doesn't have a name, want to think of one?" Mikan tells me. I look at the corgi that was in my arms and decide to name her Cinnabon.

The day went on and It was time for dinner. Mikan and I both got dressed to go to the restaurant we went to on our first date. The whole evening was perfect. 

¨Mikan, thank you for everything today, I cant believe you did all of this for me,"I tell her as we walked in the park. ¨Of course Nagito, I would do anything for you, I hope you enjoyed everything,¨ she tells me. I nod and I tell her that there was one thing that would make this day absolutely perfect. She looks at me confused as I got down on one knee. 

"Mikan...It is so amazing that after all the years that have passed by without a notion of each other's existence, that we will soon be together for the rest of our lives. We never had a clue that our paths would cross so much later in life, and that we would both find a love that neither of us had found with anyone else before. We were always meant to be together, of that there is no doubt. You are truly the woman, the partner, and the wife I have only dreamed of until now. I love you. You are my heart and soul. I am so wonderfully blessed to have you in my life. I love you now and always will. Now Mikan, I may ask, Will you marry me?" I asked opening the box I had in my hand with the ring. 

Mikan could not say a word, she teared up covering her mouth nodding yes. I smile and place the ring on her finger. I then stand up and kissed her and she kissed back.

My ultimate was the Ultimate Lucky Student.

My luck was not always good. 

But one moment that was lucky was now.

I was the luckiest man alive.