25. Horror from within

Aleida POV

I wake up and can't move; there's something heavy on me. When I manage to open my eyes, I see that Kian and Miliano each have their legs over mine and their hands on my bare breasts. They look so peaceful and relaxed when they sleep- my men. I've got to go to the bathroom.

I pat them on their cheeks and get no reaction at all, trying to get away from their grip, to no avail. They sleep far too deep; I poke at them and get no response. I try talking to them, and I don't get a result. Nothing I do works, and it's now starting to annoy me.

I take my hands down to their crotch and squeeze their balls until they jump while screaming. Finally, I can get up and quickly run to the bathroom. I don't like to have to hurt them knowingly, but the contents of my stomach are very close to flying out of me, down on them. God, that would have been embarrassing.

I sit with my head in the toilet and cough out the vomit. My throat is burning, and my vision blurs by tears from the power my stomach use. I hear knocking on the door and weak voices saying my name. The fatigue inside me makes me unable to answer.

When my gaze lands on the contents in the toilet, my heart almost stops. It is blood in there, and a lot of it! What's happening to me? My stomach hurts, and my whole body aches.

"Help me," I croak to the voices behind the door, which I know are my mates.

"We want to help you, but you need to open the door, lepa!" Kian says with a voice full of concern.

"Please open up, baby girl!" Miliano's voice is louder than Kian's, and the only thing I can hear is his anxiety when he can't help me.

I try to move towards the door without success. As soon as I release the toilet, I fall back down to the floor. My stomach again makes a craze that makes me get the blood taste back in my mouth. I'm lying on my back, and I can't move.

The air doesn't come down into my lungs; I have to move my head for the liquid to drain out, or I'll choke. Gurgling and coughing up blood, I make every effort to move my head.

Somehow I manage to turn my head, making the liquid flow out, and let me tell you, it's a lot of it that surrounds me on the otherwise white tile floor. The blood from my mouth spread between the gaps in the tile, just like a water system.

"Aleida, beware of the door; we'll kick it in now!" Kian yells.

Shortly after that, the door flies open with a loud bang echoing in the room. At first, my mates just stand there, shocked at sight before them before they run up to me. They talk to me, but I can't understand what they say or answer them. My eyes are heavy. Miliano rises and replenishes a glass of water that he gently helps me drink while Kian holds my upper body up in a sitting position.

It's self-evident that they don't know what to do. The panic in the room spreads, and I can cut the tense mood with a knife. My ears continue to thump, and all the sounds drown by my heartbeats. What's happening?

Third-person POV

Aleida's eyes fall back in her head, and Miliano desperately tries to make her talk to him. Kian lifts her and runs out of the bedroom. Miliano opens the front door and runs next to his brother, with the only thought in his head that their princess needs help.

Miliano opens the pack hospital entrance with a loud bang and screams at the staff to help her. Gina is quickly arriving at the brothers' side, who have Aleida's unconscious body in their arms. She yells an order to the nearest nurses and is quick to escort them into a room.