The Walk.

Nightfall had overcome the server. The Europeans started to rise from their slumber, chatting more civilized than the Americans ever could. Doodle enjoyed the quiet nature of the people, it was comforting.

But it was time to head home, he couldn't linger for long. The walk over was long; Doodle could not yet afford a car or bicycle, only heightened by the fact that he had just been let go from his only source of income.

The walk gave him much time to think. Specifically the events that unfolded that day. He was still very salty that his old friend's everlasting grudge got him fired. To hell with that man.

He was fuming just thinking about it, he couldn't bear to think about the wretched man.

And he wouldn't be for much longer.

A hand gripped his shoulder, cold and firm. Doodle would have screamed if it weren't for another hand clasping his mouth, muffling any attempt to make his presence known.

"Don't scream, you'll only make it harder for the both of us," the mystery man declared. It was only then that he noticed the switchblade placed on his throat. He had hardly realized due to the intensity of the scene.

Doodle shut up quick. He stood complicit, not wanting to jeopardize his own life. Whatever the thug wanted, it sure wasn't worth dying for.

He didn't want to die.

"Empty your pockets and we won't have any problems, and don't get smart with me," Doodle recognized a certain familiarity in his voice, but could not for the life of him identify from where.

He stood, not making a move. Bad move. "Now!" He felt the blade push harder against his throat. He could have sworn he was bleeding. Now, with the added stakes, doodle reached into his jeans pocket, dropping his wallet and house keys on the sidewalk below.

Almost instantly after that, Doodle found himself falling quickly to the concrete below, falling directly on his face. That would leave a mark.

By the time he had gotten up, and rightened himself, the thief was already gone. With him walking home alone every night, it was a surprise he hadn't been mugged sooner.

Scared out of his mind, Doodle began rushing home, thinking hard about the encounter. He could have sworn he recognized the voice of the mugger, he just couldn't place it. Until it hit him.

The accent was unmistakable. A user from the very server he used to moderate in.

Bjerendos.