IV

[IV]

If it weren't for Giyuu's struggling to get his head surfaced, the situation would've looked completely different than it was. Zenitsu just stood silently at the door, watching and debating if he should just leave. Once Tanjiro was able to sit up straight, Giyuu surfaced his head.

"S-sorry Giyuu-san!" Tanjiro looked at the water pillar apologetically, then turned his head when he noticed Zenitsu's scent. "Zenitsu!" Realizing that his friend most likely saw what just happened, Tanjiro looked down with embarrassment.

"Should I... Leave?" The blonde-haired boy stared at the demon and his friend, still trying to process what he walked into.

"N-No! It's fine! I- I was just bathing Giyuu-san," Tanjiro explained quickly. After another moment's worth of hesitation, Zenitsu walked in, immediately walking into the changing room. Tanjiro turned back to Giyuu and began washing him, his cheeks still tinted red. When Zenitsu arrived out, he went to a separate area, leaving the two alone in their bath. As he was being washed, Giyuu gazed at Tanjiro, admiring him (allow your imagination to decide which areas ;3). Tanjiro noticed this after a while but decided not to comment on it.

"So Giyuu-san, do you want to go see what the other pillars are doing when we finish here?" Tanjiro asked, trying to distract himself from his task. Giyuu raised his gaze to the demon slayer's face, debating if he should agree to or not. After a little while, the demon decided it might make Tanjiro happy if they did, so he nodded his head. "We can do that then," Tanjiro said with a smile. "Though, if they're hanging out outside, you won't be able to join," he continued, a little sadness in his voice. Giyuu didn't really mind if it came to that, since he wasn't close to any of the other pillars anyway. "I'm sure it will be fine!" Tanjiro's optimism shone through his doubt. Finishing washing the Hashira, he left the bathhouse after drying off and redressing. Sniffing the air, he noticed the scent of Shinobu and the other pillars nearby.

A lucky coincidence! He thought happily to himself. Since they were in a area where there wasn't sunlight, Tanjiro wad able to walk through the butterfly "mansion" with Giyuu by his side.
"Shinobu-san!" Tanjiro turned the corner, stopping at the entrance to the room he had scented the others in. Looking inside, he could see all eight Hashira aside from Himejima, along with Makio, sitting in a circle with a bottle in the center. Inosuke, Kanao, and Aoi stood in a corner, watching. Hearing her name, Shinobu turned her head.

"Hey Tanjiro! Would you like to join us?"

"Sure, but, what are you doing?"

"I invited the others here for a game," Shinobu replied, smiling "innocently" at Tanjiro.

"Sounds fun!" Tanjiro walked over, his innocence shining. Giyuu walked by his side, holding the other boys hand as a slightly romantic gesture. Rengoku and Uzui inched away from each other to make room for Tanjiro. Tanjiro sat down, Giyuu sitting behind him and resting his head on the demon slayer's shoulder.

"Shouldn't we allow Tomioka to join, too?" Rengoku asked.

"I don't think it's a very good idea to let a demon join," Shinobu replied. "And Tanjiro, I've noticed he's beginning to warm up to you quite a bit." She stared at Giyuu lying his head on Tanjiro's shoulder.

"Giyuu-san may be a demon, but he still carries the actions and kindness of a human," Tanjiro protested, not commenting on the second thing she said.

"I say we let him join," Rengoku said, mostly because he didn't want Tanjiro to be upset if Shinobu refused. After a moment or so of silence, Shinobu spoke up again.

"Fine, I suppose he can join in," the insect pillar decided. The circle widened again, making just enough room for Giyuu to sit beside Tanjiro.

"So what's the game we're playing Shinobu-san?" Tanjiro looked over at the girl in question.