VI

[VI]

"I- I... I really like you Giyuu-san!"

***

Giyuu stared widely in astonishment, and when the words finally cleared in his mind, his whole face flushed red. He wanted so badly to say something back, but he couldn't. Even if he could, he didn't know what to say. Should he tell Tanjiro his own feelings? Or should he just pretend as if the whole thing didn't happen? All he could do now was try to express himself physically, but he didn't.

"I'm... Sorry," Tanjiro muttered, cheeks puffed out with embarrassment. "You should go in the box now," he added, staring at the ground.

"T.."

"Hm?" Tanjiro looked back up quickly. Giyuu shook his head as if dismissing whatever it was he tried saying. I want to speak to you again, the water pillar thought sadly. He turned away to crawl back into his box, Tanjiro watching silently. "Sorry Giyuu-san, this was probably a bad idea.." Giyuu turned his head back and growled in disagreement. Tanjiro just smiled and motioned for the demon to go back in the box. With a sigh, Tomioka crawled all the way in, turning to face the exit and watching as Tanjiro shut the box. The burgundy-haired boy swung the box onto his back and made his way back to the butterfly mansion. The second he got to the room he shared with the other boys, he collapsed onto his futon and fell asleep.

It was almost noon when Tanjiro woke up. He was exhausted from staying up almost the whole night. When awake, one of the first things he noticed was the smell of food, then the missing weight on his back. He had fell face first asleep and hadn't removed the box, but now, when he woke, he noticed he didn't have it. Sitting up, he looked around the room and relaxed when he saw the box in the corner and food at a small table. Only moments later, the peace was broken with Inosuke's yelling. Tanjiro could tell he was running around and yelling at Zenitsu for an unknown reason. Sighing, Tanjiro stood up and walked over to the table, beginning to eat the mix of lunch and breakfast.

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu came running in the room. "Help me shut this idiot up," he complained in annoyance.

"Good (late) morning, Zenitsu," Tanjiro said turning to face the blonde. "What happened while I was sleeping?"

"Inosuke won't leave me alone," Zenitsu replied, walking to Tanjiro. Tanjiro heard loud footsteps as Inosuke came running down the hall. "He's been challenging me all dayyy," Zenitsu complained. Inosuke came crashing right by the door, though that was already opened.

"HAHA, NOTHING CAN STOP ME," the boar head yelled.

"Inosuke, the door was open," Tanjiro said calmly.

"Moron," Zenitsu said plainly. "You're a moron."

"WAS THAT A CHALLENGE?"

"There's no need for yelling," Tanjiro tried saying nervously.

"Not everything is a challenge!!" Zenitsu glared at Inosuke then sighed in temporary acceptance. "Whatever, I'm going to find Aoi-chan and the others," Zenitsu said, walking away from Tanjiro's side.

"Eh? Where's he going," Inosuke asked as he watched Zenitsu pass by him.

"Maybe you should go with him," Tanjiro suggested.

"That's what I was planning on doing!" Inosuke turned around and ran after Zenitsu, shouting his name as if they were miles away. Tanjiro turned back to his food and finished eating half of it, bringing the other half over to the box.