V

[V]

"Giyuu-san!" Tanjiro quickly pulled off the box, concerned for the male inside. He was about to open it when he remembered Giyuu was a demon and couldn't be brought out during daylight. He swung the box back onto his back and went to the nearest building. Entering the shade close to the entrance, he opened the box, looking inside. "Giyuu..." The burgundy-haired boy reached his hand in, softly caressing the Hashira's cheek, which was moist from his tears. Getting closer to the box, he reached his arms in and hugged Giyuu. "I'm sorry you had to hear that," Tanjiro said softly. The boy remembered a conversation he had with Giyuu, A short one, and it was about the pillar's past. Tanjiro knew from that conversation that Sabito and Giyuu were very close friends when Sabito was alive.

Tanjiro stayed embracing Giyuu for minutes longer until the water pillar's tears stopped falling. They both stayed there in silence for awhile, until Tanjiro finally stood and placed the box on his back again. He headed in the direction of Tamayo and Yushiro's home, arriving within thirty minutes or so. Knocking on the door, he was let in by Yushiro.

"Hello Tamayo-san, Yushiro!" Tanjiro gave his friendly smile as a greeting. Yushiro didn't respond and just returned to Tamayo's side.

"Hello Tanjiro," Tamayo said softly. "Is there something you need?"

"Yeah, I was wanting to ask if you and Yushiro can help me with something."

"And what might that be?"

"I need help finding the sun demon. I really want to turn Giyuu-san back into a human."

"We can try to help, if we can figure out how to," Tamayo replied.

"Thank you Tamayo-san! One more thing," he said hesitantly.

"?"

"Do you mind if Giyuu-san and I stay here for the night?" Yushiro didn't seem too pleased with the idea, but stayed silent.

After a moment of decision, Tamayo replied with "Of course."

"Thanks again, Tamayo-san!" Tanjiro walked back to the guest room he knew they had, setting down the box and closing the curtains to shield Giyuu from the sunlight. Opening the box, he reached his hand out.

"Come out, Giyuu-san. It's safe in here," Tanjiro said in a comforting voice. Tomioka took the slayer's hand and pulled himself out, growing to full size. The demon then went to the bed, laying down then beckoning for Tanjiro to join him.
"But it's only noon," Tanjiro said.

"Mmm! Hmmnn.."

The burgundy-haired boy stayed silent for another moment longer before walking over. "Okay, I guess it won't hurt to take a nap.." Tanjiro crawled into the bed and lay beside Giyuu, trying not to think about the fact that he was sleeping in the same bed as the other. Plus, they were both boys, so this was normal, right? Once Tanjiro was lying down, Giyuu turned to him, cuddling up close. Tanjiro was shorter than Giyuu, so when the Hashira wrapped his arms around the other and pulled him close, Tanjiro's head ended up resting against Giyuu's chest. After getting comfortable, Tanjiro curled in the pillar's arms and fell into a light sleep.

***

"Tanjiro... Tanjiro..! Tanjiro!" Tanjiro sat up, opening his eyes and looking around to see who called him. When looking around, he observed that it was daytime, and he appeared to be in some sort of nature filled area. He had been resting on grass in a patch of sunlight. How did I get here? Looking to his right, he spotted the one who had been calling to him.

"Giyuu-san?! The sun's out, you should be in th-" He stopped when he realized that he was facing the human Giyuu.

"?"