A change begins

The sun rose on the morning of the thirty fifth day, with the help of Ushijima and Asahi, they had explored most of their surrounding area and drawn out the most prominent landmarks in the book. Iwa and Hinata had gone through another round with the true wolf, but it seemed that saying Kenma's name was still working to calm the feral dog down. 

The ten of them had settled into a fairly consistent routine, going off into the wilderness to explore in groups. Bokuto and Akaashi had always been exploring in a pair, but they were intending to travel as far west as they could go this morning. Oikawa had suggested Kuroo go with them as extra protection. Kuroo refused to be separated from Kenma, so the group of four were preparing to set off together. 

Asahi and Ushijima had grown restless the day before and had left towards the east to do the same. The party hoped that if they knew how far the west and east boundaries were, and repeated north and south, it would give them some idea of how long the realm was, and how long it would take to search it all. 

Bokuto approached Oikawa then to say goodbye, Oikawa stood and walked back with him towards the trio waiting on the other side of the clearing. Oikawa stepped forward and hugged Bokuto and Akaashi, then Kuroo and Kenma. Kenma went slightly stiff at the contact and Kuroo eyed Oikawa up and down. 

"Stay safe." Oikawa said. 

"We will, hopefully we will be back in a few days." Bokuto said.  

"I'll keep them safe." Kuroo said, wrapping his arm around Kenma, keeping him close. 

With that the four turned and walked out of the clearing. 

Oikawa walked back to where Iwa had remained seated and sat next to him.

"Didn't want to come see them off Iwa-chan?" 

"It's too hard to be near humans at the moment."

"Why?" 

"I'm too hungry." 

"Oh... I thought you said you'd been okay on animal blood this last week?"

"I am." Iwa turned away.

"Iwa-chan, don't lie to me." Oikawa pouts.

"Shut up Crappykawa." Iwa pushes him away. 

"Don't call me that."

"Shittykawa then." 

"Iwa-chan, you are mean when you're hungry, just drink." 

 Oikawa held out his wrist to Iwa, but Iwa just turned away, ignoring him. 

"Iwa-chan, what's wrong?" Oikawa purred.

Oikawa shuffled forward on his knees to sit directly in front of Iwa. Iwa sighed and turned to face Oikawa. 

"I don't want to hurt you again." 

"Aww, does Iwa-chan care about me?" Oikawa giggled. 

"No, I wish I could rip your throat out." Iwa frowned.

"Liar, you love me." Oikawa sang, pushed his shoulder. 

It happened before Oikawa even know what was going on. He was on his back, flat on the ground, with Iwa on top of him, pinning him to the floor. 

"I-Iwa?" Oikawa stammered, in shock. 

Iwa froze above him, then pulled back, getting off Oikawa and sitting back down against the tree. He said nothing. Oikawa sat up slowly, sliding closer. 

"I'm sorry I pushed you too far." Oikawa said. 

Iwa huffed and turned his head away. Oikawa lent his head against Iwa's shoulder. Iwa sighed and wrapped his arm around Oikawa, pulling him onto his lap.