The beginning.

Hey guys! I'm suuuper excited to begin with this new story. I hope you guys enjoy it, too! Just too keep you guys interactive with the story, a random commenter on this chapter will get a small cameo in the story. Go comment once you finished this chapter. Also, some of the stuff in this chapter may be confusing, but it will all be explained at some point in the story. With that out of the way, enjoy the first chapter of "Accidents.". 

"Late again.." Jackson sighed, realizing he had accidentally slept in. "Better get ready." He said, while getting up to stretch. His morning was pretty boring. He had moved out of his parent's house a few months ago, and lived in a small apartment. He got out of his room, dressed for work, and decided he'd grab food on the way there since he was already late. Jackson opened the front door and saw a car passing by. "Must be nice.." He grumbled, knowing he had to walk to the subway station and back everyday for work. "Just one more paycheck." He mused, "One more.".

As he walked down the sidewalk, he noticed how quiet the neighborhood was. It was peaceful, no big businesses, just a few family owned places.. "It's too bad work is so far away, but it is nice to see the town so early in the morning." Though he had woken up late, he does wake up really early. Soon enough, he made it too the subway station. As he took the stairs down, he recognized that the bridge they typically have to cross to get back to the rest of the underground track was gone. "Do you think they closed the station today?" Jackson thought, slightly worried he might not be able to make it to work. Thankfully, the train pulled up pretty soon. Jackson got on. The second he sat down, the train began to move again. "That fast?" He said aloud, "Must be in a hurry today.". Just then, he noticed that the train wasn't taking the same path it did every other day. As he stared out the window, the train took a downward turn into the slanted tunnel. The subway carts lights were on, but that's all he could see. The tunnel was so dark and narrow that if he had opened the doors, the wall would be right there, with no extra room. 

"That's weird." Jackson, and a different voice said in unison. Jackson glanced over, and saw a cute girl, who looked around his age, but shorter. "Oh, hi." The girl said, "Didn't notice you.". "Same here, I guess I was too busy, nice to meet you." Jackson responded. "What's your name?" She asked. "Jackson, you?". "Grace.".

It was a pretty name, no doubt, but Jackson needed to know more about her before he began to like her.

"You take this train often?" He asked.

"Yeah, come to think of it, I think I've seen you before." Grace answered.

In reality, she knows she had. She just didn't ever talk to him.

"Can't say the same, unfortunately. I'm always too busy and stressed with work that I can't focus on anything else.. speaking of which, I'm gonna be late, what time is it?" Jackson said, realizing he might be in trouble at work.

"It's.." Grace let out a confused huff. "Well, my phone says it's about six o'clock, but it said that like half an hour ago.. Maybe you should check yours?".

"That's odd. Yeah, I'll check mine." Jackson reached for his phone. He gasped. "That's actually a bit unsettling. Mine says the same thing as yours.." Just then, the train stopped. "What gives?" the two said at the same time.

Find out more in chapter two!