The Finale

"A lead?" Jackson questioned.

"Mhm, you said you work for a company called 'Spin' right?" Grace responded.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" Jack asked once more.

"We found out that there were strollers from said company in one of the carts. But.. like you said, your division doesn't make sizes that big. And your division makes the biggest sizes." Grace answered, with confidence.

"You make a good point, and I recall hearing something like that around my workplace."

Grace looked up in surprise.

"Wait, what did you hear?"

"Well, I heard my Boss talking about 'expanding beyond our current stages' and stuff. Maybe this is what he meant." Jackson stated.

"Expanding beyond the current stages? Maybe they couldn't find actual test subjects so.." Grace started.

"..They used us instead!" Jackson said, kind of frustrated.

"Are you okay?" Grace asked, a little worried.

"I'm fine, I guess. They shouldn't have just thrown us here." Jackson huffed.

The cart was silent for a bit, until Grace began to speak.

"Well, we can't stop now. We have to find out how, and why, they chose us of all people. I understand you, as you work there, but why choose me? I was just a bystander and we didn't even know each other yet."

"You have a point, I wonder why they chose us." Jackson simply stated, still too focused on how they weren't here by chance.

Silence filled the cart once more, and Grace headed to go get a snack. Than the train began to move.

"W-Woah!! It's moving!" Grace yelled to Jackson.

"I know, it hasn't done that in a while! Maybe we can open the doors!"

Jackson reached his arm to the door and swung it open. When he did, he saw that they were very high up in the air, maybe five hundred feet above ground level, and all that was below them was water. Shutting the door as fast as he opened it, Jackson turned back to Grace, slightly fearful.

"Well, that can't be good." Grace sarcastically stated.

"Not at all. Where are we headed?" Jackson said, sitting in a little chair he found earlier.

"No clue," Grace said, also going to sit down, "I'll place my bets on Spin's Headquarters."

"Why there?" Jackson questioned.

"Well, we did just make a huge revelation. Maybe they called it quits since we won't be helpful anymore?" Grace guessed.

"I didn't think about that. That's actually plausible.." Jackson said.

"Wait. There's one thing I can't piece together." Grace began, "I understand using you as a test subject, as you're an employee at their company. They have information on you. But, why me? Why some random girl?"

Just then, a message broadcasted to the entire train. It was a stern, sinister male voice.

"Because you weren't supposed to be there."

With that message, the cart went silent. Grace, startled by the sudden message, began to speak.

"Who are you?!" She questioned, "And what do you mean I wasn't supposed to be there?"

"I mean exactly what I said. The test was meant for Jackson, and Jackson only!"
Shouted the man.

"The test? What test?" Jackson questioned.