Chapter five - Movie Night

Brigette pulled away with a smile, her eyes still closed. Adrien took his hands off of her waste and put them into his pockets. That wasn't like anything he had expected, it was not bad, just different. From what he knew anyway. "Wow." He unconsciously spoke out loud. She finally opened her eyes and all he could do was stare into them, they were almost hypnotizing.

When she saw him staring at her, she blushed lightly, which Adrien couldn't help but find adorable. They were broken apart by the sound of the first bell ringing. He took a few steps back. "I have to get to class," without seeing where he was going, he bumped into another student. "Uh, sorry..." He looked back at Brigette, "Talk later?" 

With the smile growing ever bigger on her face, she nodded. Adrien smiles again. "Okay see you later then." He walked into the classroom and out of view. Before Brigette followed him in, she squealed, accidentally grabbing the attention of a few others around her.

Marinette felt the tears running down her face. Even though the bell had just rang, she didn't care she would be late, she couldn't let people see her like this. Marinette ran through the group of high school kids and to the bathroom.

"Tikki," She whispered to the small worried kwami. "The other girl is Brigette." 

---Next period---

 After Marinette had calmed down, and with Tikki throwing away the tens of tissue. She made her way out of the bathroom to see her best friend out of the bathroom running in her general direction. This whole situation gave her a sense of Deja vu.

"Girl, where have you been I haven't seen you all period." Marinette wanted to tell her, she wanted to tell someone what is going on, but  not right now. She may want to rant about her unbelievable sister kissing the guy that she liked, but not in the school.

"Don't worry about it Alya, everything is fine." She walked passed her, but this time, Alya followed. She didn't want to be pushy, and she  may not have admitted it, but Marinette needed some girl time and after school, she would bring her along and drag her if it came to it.

"Why don't you and  I do something later." Alya said grabbing her by the hand. Marinette sighed, it seemed like Alya wasn't going anywhere  soon. Why not? She didn't want to be at home after school so this could be a good distraction.

"You know what, that sounds great. What would you like to do?" Alya put her hand to her chin in thought. Marinette didn't seem to want to talk about whatever is going on, so maybe they should go somewhere they didn't have to say anything.

"Do you want to see a movie? There is a new superhero one that came out last week." Marinette nodded.

"Mari, come on, we have to get going." She sighed at the sound of her sister's voice, she wasn't in the mood to be with Brigette. She just wanted to go to that movie or run across the rooftops as Ladybug, she'd to that second one later.

"Okay, coming sis, later Al." She waved one more time to her and followed her sister to their next class. Alya quickly texted her the time of the movie and that she'd pick her up later.

---After school at the Dupain-Cheng residents---

Brigette was in her room making sure everything was in place for when Adrien came over. She had talked with Adrien before she came home, and he had said he would come over after his fencing. Thankfully that gave her about thirty to forty-five minutes, which she had almost used since he should be here soon. 

Marinette was sitting at her desk, reading a book that Nino suggested, and it seemed really interesting. Unfortunately, it's very hard to read when there is a lot of noise around you. Brigette was making things very hard to focus on. Marinette had to restart the same sentence numerous amount of times with all of Brigette's vacuuming, coming in and out of the room, and others. Their trapdoor wasn't all too quiet, so she gave up on reading and decided to try to make conversation until Alya came.

"So..." Marinette started, grabbing her sister's attention, though it didn't stop her running around. Honestly, as much as she hated everything that was going on around her, she was happy that the room was practically shining. Was she always like this whenever Adrien was coming around. "I saw you and Adrien today." She said slowly.

Brigette froze at that. She did feel pretty bad for what had happened with Adrien, and she had hoped she could keep it from Marinette for a little while longer, but apparently, that wasn't going to happen. "I'm really sorry Mari, It's just... I really like him." 

Marinette gave her a fake smile, "It's fine Bri, he said he loved someone else, I guess that was you." The smile that grew on Brigette's face was not fake in any way. She was really happy.

"He said he loved me?" Brigette asked, fidgeting with her fingers, it felt very awkward talking about this with her sister, but she couldn't stop the words from tumbling out of her mouth. Marinette nodded slightly.

She felt her phone vibrate from her side pocket. Grabbing it, she saw a message from Alya. Oh right, the movie would be starting in about twenty minutes. "That was Alya, I should get going." Brigette waved at her before going back to her cleaning.

Marinette walked out the trapdoor and out the front door, only to run into Adrien. She kept her eyes glued to the floor, but she could feel his gaze burning into the back of his head. Why does he have to be so tall???

"Hey." He finally said.

"Hey." Marinette retorted, before quickly making her way past him and down the stairs to Alya. She didn't tell her about this situation because she knew Alya wouldn't take it well and she didn't know if she would be able to stop her from doing something she'd regret.

Adrien just stood there, puzzled on why she was acting this way, but since she had shut the door behind her, he didn't think it would be polite to just walk in, so he rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer.

He heard quick footsteps approaching, and the door opened. "Hey, come in." Brigette opened the door a bit wider for him to walk inside. They both made their way back up into her room and sat on the chaise. Adrien wrapped his arm around her.

"So, do you think we should finish the project before we do anything else?" Brigette looked up at him confused.

"What project?" She asked.

"The one we were partnered up for." He spoke as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He gently smiled, but Brigette still looked the same.

"Weren't you paired with Marinette?" The smile was instantly wiped off his face and a look of shock replaced it.

"Oh no."

--------------------------------------

Word count: 1197 (Not counting this)

Chapter five is done and Adrien is finally realizing his mistake, possibly one of the worst ones he has ever made.

What were your thoughts on this chapter?

Feel free to point out any mistakes and I'll fix them.