Chapter 52: Fabian

Garmadon woke up within the walls of his monastery and groaned, holding his head. It felt as if he had a massive hangover as he looked around and spoted Fabian leaning against a post.

"What the hell did you give me?" Garmadon asked as he went to sit up, trying to use his lower set of arms to do so, but nothing happened. Wait, what?

Garmadon looked down at himself and his hands. He... He was human again. He was himself once more. He then looked to Fabian in surprise and Fabian smiled. "Yes, I gave you the cure for your oni blood." He said then knelt down in front of Garmadon.

"My name is Fabian and I believe you know my big brother, Clouse." Fabian said and Garmadon nodded. "But aren't you loyal to Kai?" He asked and Fabian stood. "Exactly why I'm doing this. I know Kai and I know that if I don't do something to help stop his uncle then he'll do something he's going to regret for the rest of his life. I intend to stop that. I don't want to watch my best friend hate himself." Fabian explained.

"Remus is blindly loyal and will just go along with whatever, but I see the big picture. Tell Lloyd that there is still a chance for Kai. Make sure your people know it. Make sure Lloyd never gives up. I feel your son is his anchor after all, but Lloyd needs to keep trying till he gets a hold. Only he will know what to say to stop Kai." Fabian went on then headed for the door.

"I have done what I can now. When next week meet, I will be following Kai's orders." He said and Garmadon nodded in understanding as he watched Fabian leave.

~•~

Polly and Echo sat at the dining room table, talking with each other, when Zane walked in. The nindroid was reading through a recipe book as he into the kitchen. Echo watched his brother go pass them then looked to Polly. "I was wondering if you'd like to go see this movie with me." He said and she seemed to think. "What movie?" She asked he told her what movie it was. "Really? Sure! That sounds great! Mind if Molly tags along? She's wanted to see that movie for a bit herself." She said.

Echo froze. Did he not phrase it right? Was it not obvious that he was trying to ask her out? Did she just not like him like that and this was her way of turning him down? He was so confused.

"Uh, well... I actually would. I um... I thinking about this being a... Ah... A date." Echo said and Polly was surprised as she answered.

"R-really?" She asked and he nodded. "Oh... Um... Are you sure?" She asked and he nodded. "I really like you Polly. A lot." He said while watching her reaction.

"Then... Yes." Polly said shyly and Echo smiled proudly. He couldn't wait to take her out.

~•~

Kai sat in his room, sharpening his knife. There were no other sounds in the room until he let out a groan. One of the babies decided to kick his bladder from the seems of it as he held his stomach, dropping the knife and sharpening stone on the floor.

Kai composed himself after recovering and was going to grab the dropped items, but Fabian had entered the room and used a spell to levitate them into Kai's hands.

Kai looked to the sorcerer with a glare. "I could have gotten those myself." He said and Fabian rolled his eyes. "Kai, you're as big as a water buffalo." He said with a pointed look. "You shouldn't be grabbing anything off the ground." He finished and Kai rolled his eyes. He hated that Fabian was right.

Fabian then finished entering the room with a cart of food.

"What do you suppose I do?" Kai suddenly asked as Fabian brought the cart over to him. "What do you mean?" Fabian asked him calmly.

"About this. The pregnancy." Kai said and Fabian looked to him. "Why do you ask?" He questioned and Kai sighed. "I can no longer do much except sit around at this point. I have become useless." Kai said and Fabian seemed to think.

"Abortion?" Fabian offered. "NO." Kai said in a dark tone. Just the answer Fabian wanted to hear. "Then rely on me and Remus more. We're at your beck and call after all." He said and Kai hummed. "That is true, but I always feel bad. You guys need a break." He said said, making Fabian smile. A glimpse of the real Kai.

"Why do you even follow your uncle? You've always cared more for chaos after all. Meanwhile, this uncle of yours is trying to control you. I know you're smart enough to see it. He's using you." Fabian tried, hoping to break Kai free.

"His goal is favorable to me." Kai simply said and Fabian looked to him. "Is it really? The Kai that I know may be a force of chaos, but he at least never wanted this. So ask yourself. Is this truly what you want?" Fabian said before leaving the room.

Kai sat there in shock as Fabian's words sliced through him.