chapter 3 (Juicy)

"Oh my god, Becky stop making me laugh. Becky! Becky! Becky I'm serious, I will murder your face with a hand grenade. Shut up!" Becky knew what was coming to her. A swift kick in the ass.

"Vi' I don't see what's wrong with you today."

"It's a monday, and don't call me Vi'."

"Damn, well fine then. What's wrong with mondays again?"

"Dammit Becky, I've told your ass before."

"Girl, you know you can't say that."

"But I did." Violet smiled, now she can only smile when talking to Becky. It's been two years since that day, she should drive over there, maybe tell Mr. I'm so sorry what she thinks about him. No. Then she'll get pregnant. She began to break down and cry, right in the middle of Wal-mart. This was going to be a long day.

"Violet, what's wrong, I've never seen you cry. C'mon, let's get you home. Go to the car and I'll pay for this shit."

"Okay, thanks Becky. You're the best." Violet ran out of the door, ran not to the car but all the way back to her house. Shortly afterwards, Becky walked through the door, arms full of groceries. "Quite the car ride huh?" 

"Shut up, I just need some time to think." She knew what had to be done. "Becky I have to go. Are you okay alone?"

"You know I can handle myself. Go ahead, hun." Violet drove a familiar route, all the way to her old work office. It brought back some memories that she wanted to forget. She pulled into her old parking spot, it had her name marked out and rewritten was 'visitor parking'. Yeah, that'd be nice. Just to visit, but that was not it at all. She walked her usual path to Zach's office, the door was cracked. Violet couldn't believe her eyes. There he was, just as handsome as he was two years ago, he had grown a beard and looked so manly for only 21. She knocked. 

"Come in. If it's Jenkins I couldn't get in the scripts on time due to the-"

"Hi."

"Violet? Is that you? Really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to come by and see you. It's been different, ya know, I was used to seeing you every day since I was four. I couldn't stand being without you and...after what happened I really just wanted to apologize."

"Apologize for what?"

"You know, John and I."

"What about it? You're an adult now and I have to except that. You're young, but not stupid. I should have trusted you were making a good decision but it's that I always thought of you as more than a friend. More than a sister-close friend. Ever since I was like twelve I thought you were the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you more than I could ever imagine and I think it's just time for me to move on."

"No, I love you too, please. Just listen to me okay? I don't know what I want but I have an idea. I can't live without you and I don't plan on it anytime soon. So just please, I think we both need this." Violet jumped over his desk and wrapped her arms around his neck. She planted several kisses on his cheeks then finally on his supple, warm, amazing lips. She felt a surge of passoin and gripped the back of his shaggy head, pulling their faces closer. She finally understood why she felt so shy around him, what she felt was more than any bond that she has ever experienced. What she had felt was undeniably love. After a while longer they both came up for air.

"Violet. That was fantastic, and I need more, but first I have someone to show you."

"Okay. Hey, after work do you want to go to my house?"

Zachariah didin't answer instead he led her to the end of the hallway, an all too familiar door appeared.

"Zach, what are you doing? Why are you bringing me here? What the hell?"

"I wanted to prove that we are all adults here, I was not only upset about you two because I love you but, he was twenty-three, I didn't really appreciate him after that, but we made up. And you will too." Before Violet 

"I've been expecting you, Violet."

"What do you want from me John, I care about you. You know that."

"I have no idea why in hell you are acting this way Violet. We barely did anything."

"I liked you for your body, and your- That's not the point. The point is I liked you, gave in to it, and lost my best-almost only- friend. He meant so much to me, and I cared about him so much. I can't believe that would happen." John slowly approuched her. Stroked her cheek gently and bent down for a tender kiss. 

"No." Violet pushed him away and leaned against his desk.

"This is not what I need right now, okay? Don't you understand what's happening here?"

"I don't actually. Please explain what exactly is going on."

"We are terrible people."

"How is that?"

"I love you..."

"So? That's not a problem for me...Sweety."

"And Zachariah."