Chapter 21

"Are you for real, Eleonora?! You resurrected her?" Madison asked with disbelief.

The meeting was near Misty's marsh home, and a campfire had been ignited by Helen, who loved the plan they were about to come up with to get revenge on Fiona and in turn protect the rest of the coven from the dangerous acts she has committed. Madison and Zoe were resistant to the idea, but it took a sharp tongue and fierce convincing to get their views to change—after all, taking out Fiona would save every one of them, the initial four thought.

"Look, you snotty little cumrag!" the revived woman hissed, blowing smoke from her cigarette. "What happened to me could've happened to any of YOU! Alright?! Fiona killed me! I came back with the help of four of you, and I want not only revenge, but I want for the rest of you to be safe!"

"So hag-rag wants revenge? And she wants us to be safe?!" Madison retorted. "That makes tons of sense!"

"Just listen, alright?" Misty asked, looking at Julie as the white-haired woman began to speak.

"I've devised a plan, well, we have," she began, looking down at her silver Thor's Hammer amulet.

"Great, let's hear it," Madison sneered sarcastically, tossing her hands in the air.

"Madison, shut up!" Queenie ordered. Julie took a deep breath and sighed, looking at everyone in their fire-side gathering as she began to speak.

"We are not going to kill or do harm to Fiona, so to speak. We are going to…make her commit suicide," the woman explained. Helen scoffed.

"So we're technically killing her, either way," the revived witch retorted, taking a short drag on her cigarette. "My god, the inbreeding is certainly obvious in your family!" Julie's jaw dropped, her soulful gray eyes angrily staring at the woman she had helped revive for a moment of silence.

"Are you finished? Can I continue?!" the striking woman with ice-blonde hair asked emphatically.

"Well, excuse me, I didn't think there'd be a fucking finish line," Helen sneered.

Julie ignored Helen and how spiteful she was being, even though she was really getting on her nerves with uncalled-for insults and snide remarks. She shook her head and continued.

"There is a ritual that one of you have the parchment to that you brought today," she continued.

"The Sacred Taking," Queenie said, taking out the fine, old, rolled-up piece of paper from her bag and handing it to Julie, who in turn handed it to Misty as she stood up to look at her brother, Eleonora, Helen, Madison, Queenie, Zoe, Nan and Misty; it was as though she were the teacher and they were her students.

"Fiona's not going to kill herself," Madison warned.

"How do you know?" Julie asked. "It won't be on our hands. She'll have no one to blame but herself." She glanced at Chase, continuing. "Nine is a powerful number. We can all pitch in."

"What will happen to us?" Eleonora asked shyly, her green eyes illuminated by the fire.

"We will need to perform the Seven Wonders to determine the new Supreme," Misty cut in.

"The structure of the coven will change," Zoe said with worry.

"Great change is needed," Julie responded. "Like Helen said, Fiona could've slit any of our throats just so she could continue being in her position. It isn't fair. We all have the potential to be a Supreme, either a positive reinforcement on the coven…or the downfall of us all." She began to pace, keeping her eyes on each of the members in their late night gathering. "I say we fight."