Catching Unsubs and Plane Talk (Chapter 8)

You turned to Spencer, who heard it as well. You grabbed your phone out of the bag, sending a quick message to warn Hotch, even though he should see you and Spencer getting ready through the camera. When you grabbed your gun out of your bag, you noticed Spencer holding his under the blanket.

You both knew this unsub likes knives...and knives were no match for the guns that you and Spencer were packing. The team knew to move in as well, so in a matter of minutes, this unsub should be apprehended.

You looked over at the open doorway to your left that the sound had come from, it definitely sounded like a window opening...no doubt about it. The movie still softly played in the background, masking any sort of noise the two of you could be making that would give either of you away.

She couldn't take either of you by surprise, not only because you were both aware that she was coming, but also because there was no way for her to get behind either of you without it being noticeable. There was no doorway behind you, just a solid wall. You wondered if she would attempt to come into the room or wait for the two of you to go to bed.

That's when you saw Hotch slowly enter the room from the entrance that leads into the kitchen, Morgan followed close behind. The entire house had to be surrounded at this point...she wasn't getting away.

You started toward the room, leading the others behind you. Your gun was outstretched in front of you as you neared closer to the room. You moved into the room you had thought you had heard the noise from, but when you entered, the room was empty. The only trace of any activity was an open window. The others were getting closer to the room as you looked around for anymore tampering, but that's when the closet door slammed open. 

Before you could blink, you were slammed into the wall, our gun fell to the floor. The unsub...she was the woman from the restaurant earlier. She held you back with her hand around your throat, cutting off your air. You saw the glint of her knife in the corner of her eye, and panic instilled in you. The team....they were right outside...they would be in any second. 

You fought back, bringing up your knee and shoving it into her stomach. She stumbled backward, and as she did, Spencer grabbed her. He subdued her enough to get on the handcuffs, passing her to Morgan so she could be escorted outside. 

"Are you okay (Y/N)?" Spencer asked intently as he examined you. He sat you down on the bed, the calming blue bedspread seemed out of place for the situation. He moved around to the back of your head, looking for any damage. 

"I'm fine, Spencer. She didn't hurt me, just really got me by surprise...I didn't even know there was a closet in here," you responded. He looked into your eyes, his hazel ones seemed to be filled with remorse. 

"I'm so sorry, I should have been the one in front," he said. You started to shake your head no when Hotch entered. 

"Actually that could have been worse. The men are the actual targets...meaning she probably would have come at you with more rage," Hotch said while looking down at both of you. "(Y/N), are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just a little jumbled. She didn't get a chance to hurt me," you assured him. Spencer was still checking you out, seeing if everything looked to be okay. His sincere concern was really sweet. It also made you forget how much you wanted to fuck him. 

"Well I still want you to get checked out by the E.M.T," Hotch insisted. Reid nodded his head in agreeance. You didn't resist, you knew it was the best idea. 

Spencer walked you outside to the ambulance, setting you down on the edge on the back so the E.M.T. could take a look at you. She was a smaller woman with very kind eyes, seeming around middle-aged.