Safe House (Chapter 7)

The safe house was close, walking distance even. You and Spencer made your way over to the place where the two of you would practically be bait, waiting for this unsub to get to you. You wondered if Rossi and the others would do anything with the woman you noticed at the restaurant, but it's not like they could do much. The only thing she really did was stare you down, and last you checked that wasn't a crime...just suspicious. 

They would probably be keeping an eye on her though...at least you hoped. 

You were nervous about the safe house, even more so than earlier. You weren't the target...but Spencer was. What this unsub would do to him if giving the chance made you afraid for him. The last thing you wanted was for him to get hurt, and this is going to put him in a place of danger. You were not going to let your guard down...you couldn't.

"What's going on in there (Y/N)?" he asked you, looking at you with genuine concern. You sighed, you were sure he had to have some of the same feelings. 

"I'm just worried, that's all. We're basically waiting for this woman to come attack us," you said, trying to keep your voice calm. He put an arm around you, drawing you in. It amazed you that just earlier you both were discussing how much you wanted to fuck each other, and now he was romantically caring about you.

"Yeah (Y/N)...this is stressful. We just have to be ready," he said, giving you a smile. And then you had a realization.

"Spencer...it's only nine o'clock..." you said, glancing over at his watch. He fiddled with the watch that he wore on top of his sleeve. You remembered him mentioning that an old friend of his used to do that, something about not wasting time when you're looking at your watch. 

"Yeah it's nine...why is that important?" he asked

"The unsub usually doesn't do anything until around one in the morning..." you responded.

He raised his eyebrows in that adorable dorky way that he does, causing you to let out a small chuckle. 

"What are we supposed to do for all that time?" he asked.

"I have a few ideas," you said with a smirk.

He laughed, "Oh you do, do you? Care to share?" 

"Well right now...my idea is to get out of these heels," you said as you walked up to the door of the safe house. You put in the key and unlocked the door, allowing you and Spencer to walk inside.

The house was small but cozy.  A small foyer was at the very front that the two of you walked into, and then it lead into the living area. There was a hallway off to the right of the couches in the living room that lead to a couple of bedrooms and a bathroom. The house was also complete with a small kitchen, but considering your recent meal that wouldn't be too necessary at the moment. 

 You made your way into the main living room with Spencer, letting out an audible "Dammit" when you noticed the camera in the corner of the room. You felt so dumb...what FBI safe house wouldn't have any fucking cameras. 

Spencer seemed to notice it too, you could tell when he let out a sigh as he looked in the same direction. "Can they hear us?" you asked him. He looked over at you before studying the camera a little longer. "Going by the model that it appears to be...no."

You let out a sigh of relief. 

"I'm sure they're all around here, this is an FBI safe house after all," he said, trying to mask something in his voice.

You sighed, "Well there goes one of my ideas." 

"There isn't a camera in the bathroom," he said with a goofy smirk