Tension (Chapter 6)

"Okay, the two of you lovelies should have a reservation for 7:00 pm. Don't worry though, I didn't tell them you were FBI!" Garcia said cheerfully over the phone. You were inside of the surveillance van with Morgan, Prentiss, Hotch, and Spencer preparing to go into Blaire's. Morgan and Prentiss would be staying in the van with a couple of the police techies since they couldn't be seen inside again. You had only wished it was Garcia hacking the cameras in the van and not someone the team didn't know. 

JJ and Rossi were already inside, posted around the bar. You couldn't dine in without a reservation, but the bar was still fair game. It was a decently upscale restaurant, and it surprised you that such a nice place could be connected to the string of murders.

"Are you both ready?" Hotch asked intently after hanging up with Garcia. You both assured him that the two of you were comfortable and prepared for the mission, but you had just hoped you didn't come across as too eager. Hotch gave you both a nod before exiting the van, you remembered that he was also planning on being inside at the bar.

"You guys will do great!" Prentiss assured with a smile. Morgan smirked, "For a couple of virgins maybe." You scoffed, Spencer's cheeks blushed. "Shut up, Morgan!" you exclaimed, giving him a playful punch in the arm. 

"Stop it! It's about time for the two of you to go inside!" said Emily, bringing back the reassuring tone of voice. She actually was making you feel a bit better, but your nerves were still getting to you. You could tell Spencer was a little antsy as well. 

You looked over and Spencer and took a deep breath, he really did look handsome. "Are you ready, darling," you said in an overly dramatized voice while grabbing hold of his arm. He smiled, "Let's get going, dear," he responded with a breathy laugh. You giggled and looked up at him, you were nervous but it was going to be fun. 

Spencer turned and opened the door to the van. He stepped out and turned around to help you make your way down, you were glad to see he was still as polite as ever. He shut the door behind you and stuck out his arms for you to grasp back on to, which you did without hesitation. 

The two of you were going to have to walk a couple of blocks to get to the restaurant, obviously getting out of a surveillance van would draw some unwanted attention. The walk helped you calm down some and also helped support the couple card. The two of you looked well and natural together, and walking with your arms laced around his made you feel butterflies inside. 

"Are you nervous?" he asked after the two of you had walked awaze. You sighed, "Somewhat, Spence, it's just getting more real now. I think we will do well as a couple, I'm just worried about when we have to go back to the safehouse." you explained in all honesty. 

"You think we will do well as a couple?" he asked without taking his eyes off of the sidewalk in front of him. "Um...I...Well, we did kiss earlier," you stammered. He seemed like he was ready to shoot back a response, but the two of you reached the doorway to Blaire's before he could get his words out. 

Within minutes the two of you were being guided to your seats. When you reached your table, Spencer pulled out the chair for you to sit down, his politeness made you feel special and warm inside.

You were seated in the middle of the room. You normally disliked being in the middle of the dining room at restaurants, however, for the plan, it was a perfect position. 

You smiled up at Spencer once to hostess walked away.  He was already beaming up at you. You found it funny how the two of you were enjoying this so much...was it too much you wondered?

A waiter returned a moment later with a bottle of wine, it looked to be a very nice bottle too. You weren't aware of why it was placed in front of the both of you, but Spencer seemed to know exactly what was happening.