Part 8; Revival?

i almost blacked out. i'm falling at such a fast speed, hopefully my death is just as fast and not too painful. i can't believe luci would sacrifice us like this.
i could barely hear the screams of bean and elfo falling over my own, my throat was hurting but i'm too terrified to stop. i closed my eyes and held myself close, ready to fall into lava.
i feel some sort of whiplash as i feel someone grabbing me.
i gasped as i opened my eyes.

luci was holding me against his chest, which was somewhat larger than before. he hugged me tightly as we glided right above the lava pool below us. i was breathing heavily as i tried to get my heart to stop racing insanely. i looked up at him in total shock. he was way bigger now and his wings were huge! ah, uber demon.
"luci.. you came back for me.. b- but where bean and elfo?!" i stammered.
he looked down at me and un-tightened his grip around me, realizing how close he had me to his chest. guess he didn't want me to get hurt at all.
"oh uh- hey! i thought you passed out or something.." luci chuckled, "bean's grasping elfo while holding onto my tail for dear life, i caught you in my arms instead, because i needed to make sure you didn't die on me. i do.. care about you ya know."
i laughed. "asmodium told me it all."
he looked over at asmodium's cave and groaned.
i slipped my arms out from under his grasp.
"woah woah lina what are you doi-" luci started.
but before he could finish i wrapped my arms around him tightly and kept myself pressed against his stomach. mostly because i didn't want to burn alive, but it was also nice to receive a hug, wether it was intentional or not.

luci zoomed straight up, until we saw blue sky. we shot out of a volcano. an explosion of fire came up from underneath us. looks like elfo's body ended up on an island.?
luci shrunk back to normal, and we all fell off of him midair.
"oh no! my wings!" luci gasped.
we moaned and groaned as we all rolled down the volcano. elfo's soul in a bottle was rolling away from us.
"elfo!!" bean yelled, running after the bottle.
the bottle rolled until it hit a rock, and cracked open. elfo's soul was floating in the air.
"goodbye bean, now that im a ghost i'll help you make pottery!" elfo's soul exclaimed.
"no way!" bean yelled, "i already let you die once!"
bean started to breathe in heavily, sucking elfo's soul into her mouth.
"bean?! what are you doing?" i stammered, extremely confused.
"hold your breath! hold your breath! are you holding it? don't answer that. SHUT UP!!" luci yelled anxiously.
we looked up to see a flock of seagulls hovering over something on a rock- elfo's body.
i gasped.
we sprinted over there as fast as we could, hoping bean wouldn't let go of her breath.
bean slid up to elfo and put her lips on his as she breathed in.
elfo's lifeless body inflated with air.. but it was no use.
"elfo?" bean said, "elfo..."
"it didnt work..." luci exclaimed.
bean started to tear up and hug elfo's lifeless body. seeing her and luci upset made me tear up too. i don't know elfo too well.. but man do i feel horrible about this.

bean hid her face in her hands as she was crying. i sniffed and put my arm around her.
"im so sorry bean..." i exclaimed.
i looked over at luci, and held my other hand out for a hug.
he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me with no expression. i wonder if he was sad or not.
poor elfo. i cant believe this is how things had to end...