CHAPTER XI

They say that before you die, you will experience the transition of life to death. You will do everything to live the remaining time to the fullest. The time that you will find yourself so energetic or so much tired at the same time. You may say every dumbest word you longed to speak out or say the most painful words of complaints you have within. You might find yourself finding the things you don't want to lose, you try to remember remarkable experiences whether they are painful or joyful, and lastly---- you might regret not doing things you wanted to do from the past years before you die. Yes, death is inevitable. Death is a permanent sleep. It won't exactly appear in your sight nor you can hear it coming, but it is doom, the feeling of melting softly while the bridge to the afterlife is waiting for you.

October 4, 2007
Later evening

Blue and red splashes of lights are following my car. It keeps on chasing me even whatever turn I do, wherever street I enter, I follow me. Then I have decided to stop the car. I get out to meet the midnight chasers, a policeman, and a nurse, "Ms. Middleton?", asked the lady in white. "Yes?" I responded with a high intonation making me sound nervous. "You need to come to the hospital right now." What? Why? I was so confounded that I can't respond to any act of hesitation.
         I found myself talking to the nurse inside the cop's car without being conscious that I left my car on the street. I wasn't even aware that I am being so talkative, telling past stories in a strange context and to a person I never met before.