CHAPTER VII

October 4, 2007

Early evening

As I drive in my car, I can hear the mysterious whispers of the leaves, swaying and moving along with the loud wailing howl of the winter winds. The tress was hidden in shadows of darkness and white crystals are poured on their branches like fallen stars ----- the signage is still there: broken and dressed with an eccentric enigma. Suddenly, I realized that I stopped my car in front of the signage, unknowingly I was outside my car scrutinizing the signage. Then my senses came back to normal and I managed to control my mind, I go back inside my car and continue driving.

I am wearing a white winter gown with a stylish furry hood and extended silky sleeves that reflect the light from the moon, with white pearls and gems sparkling artistically, dark boots with snowflakes patterned in glittered stones, and a black mask with powdered diamonds and white feathers of a dove.

Then I reached the school parking lot---- smoky and gloomy. I left my car in the dark parking area along with other famous guests', learners', and staffs' wheels and continue walking to the campus ground.

The night is faultless and exalted. The grand entrance greeted me with solicitous entertainment; stone walls bedecked with gold and silver fibers paired with blooming and fragrant flora: white and pink magnolias, English daisies, tulips, yellow and white lotuses, lilies of the valley, and light bluish red and pale purple orchids bloomed extending to the beautified gateway with two towering betel palms on both sides. The stage was captivating with its creative scenery with black and gold fine linen crisscrossed from the ceiling to the floor. The dance floor was magical: with splashes of rainbow lights and platinum red carpet- placed on the aisle from the entrance to the stage; dressed round tables on white silk clothes with silver linings, white roses and yellow daffodils arranged in a bouquet placed in a porcelain pot placed on every table. Champagne aroma and flower scent flourished with upbeat music added to the perfection of the night.

Everyone is fashioned and hidden secretly in their glittering- masks ornamented with peacock, dove, or parrot feathers clothed with the males' matte or silky, black, white, or brightly colored tuxedo or cutaway suits with striped, floral, or dotted neckties in their black trousers paired with well-polished tan or black leather shoes; and the females' cocktail dresses, ball gowns or slim casual wears with sparkling white or black pearls and diamonds, in their high heels embellished by twinkling gems and stones shaded in gold, silver or white. October 4 is a night to remember.
Twilight zone. An imagination between reality and fantasy. The night is a promising fairytale. All of a sudden, a man in black: dark suit, trousers, and shoes except that he is wearing a golden mask with yellow canary feathers stand in the front of the audience--- a stranger, I don't have any idea who he is (maybe he is Mr. Goldman, the founder of the school, he is not the principal that is why we haven't seen him since we started high school) and he delivered a short talk. He discoursed with confidence and ended his message with a short quotation, "Live the best after the day of your birth, remember death is inevitable." Then he was faded on the crowd.