002

Bella was standing behind the bar. She looked up as Polly walked in. "How you doing Bella?" She asked as she looked at her.

Bella smiled. "I'm fine thanks Polly. Just tired. One of the whores kept me awake. The walls in these houses are fucking paper thin," she told her.

Polly nodded and smiled. "The amount of times I've heard the common whores before. Thomas tells me he thinks of you as nothing but a posh whore."

"Well I think of Thomas as a gangster whore. How would he like those odds?" She said.

Polly laughed. She smiled. "I'll see you around love."

"Bye Pol."

****

Bella looked up as Tommy walked in. She walked off pretending she hadn't seen him. Tommy cleared his throat. "Oh. Sorry. Didn't see you there," she told him.

"Lies. I know your name isn't Bella. But Isabella."

Bella rolled her eyes and sighed. "Big deal. I shortened my name. Your name isn't Tommy. It's Thomas. Illustrious gangster has a proper name. Thomas Michael Shelby."

Tommy looked into her eyes. He smirked. "The pretty posh girl did her own research," he said.

Bella shrugged. "Actually your sister told me," she told him as she handed him the whiskey he wanted. She smirked. "You might be Thomas Shelby. Leader of the Peaky Blinders... but, you assume I'm a whore again, I will personally take off your cock. That'll stop the whores from coming to you."

"And you'd know all about whores wouldn't you?"

"Fuck you."

Tommy smirked. "You wish you could."

Bella rolled her eyes. "I'd rather have the clap. Thanks though," she told him as she looked at him. She hated him and would take delight in letting him know that.

Tommy walked off. Bella stood there with a frown on her face. Thomas Shelby infuriated Isabella Blake. And everyone in the pub could tell.

****

Polly smiled as Tommy walked in. She looked at him. "I take it you've seen Bella?" She asked.

"She's fucking infuriating Pol."

"Then do something about it Thomas. You say she is infuriating. But she's still walking around. So it must not be affecting you that bad," Polly said.

Tommy rolled his eyes. He looked at her. "What do we know about her family?"

"You leave her alone Thomas. She told me in confidence what her family were like," she told him.

"And what are they like?"

Polly glared at him. "I told you to not ask me. I will not betray her confidence."

Tommy looked over at his aunt. "You've known her how long? And you're already protecting her. Protecting her from what?" He asked.

"Fuck off now Thomas."

****

It was nearing midnight when Bella left the Garrison. She felt someone behind her. "So Isabella Blake. What did daddy do for you to move to the wrong side of the tracks?" He asked.