004

Bella was standing behind the bar. She looked up as Tommy walked in. He motioned for her to follow him into the snug. "Well?" He asked.

Bella sighed. "She keeps running off. I don't know where to. But I will find out," she said. She looked at him. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Tommy nodded. "Fine," he said as he turned and walked off.

Bella sighed. She knew that Tommy was a complicated man. But she also knew that the war had changed him. It had changed a lot of people.

****

Bella looked up as Grace walked in. She hid a smirk. "Morning Grace," she said as she looked at her.

"Isabella."

Bella rolled her eyes. She looked up as Polly walled in. She smiled. "Morning Pol."

"Morning love. You okay?"

Bella nodded. She smiled. "I'm good thanks Pol. Can I get you a drink?" She asked as she looked at the older woman.

Polly shook her head and smiled. "No thanks love. Don't suppose you've seen our Ada around have you? She's not been since last night and Tommy is losing his mind," she said.

"Sorry. No. But if I do see her, I'll let you know."

****

Bella saw Grace sneaking off again. She looked at Harry. "I'll be back soon. There's something I have to do," she told him.

"Alright. You're lucky the Shelby's like you."

"Yeah. I know."

Bella walked off and followed Grace. She frowned when she saw her walking into an art gallery. Bella somehow managed to get in. She saw Grace standing with the new Inspector.

Bella knew she had been right in what she said about Grace being a spy. She swore to herself. Tommy was going to kill her. And then Polly would find a way to bring her back and kill her again.

Bella hid behind a pillar and listened to the conversation between them. Grace was telling him all sorts. "There's a barmaid. Her name is Isabella Blake. Thomas is mesmerised by her. And she is a beauty. My best bet is go after her and Thomas will do whatever you want."

"Thank you Grace."

****

Bella found Thomas sitting in the snug. She closed the door. "We have a problem. Grace is a spy and she's working with that new inspector. She's telling him everything. And I mean everything. She told him about me. Apparently I mean something to you. Which I know is bollocks. But now he will come after me to get you to do what he wants," she said.

Tommy looked at her. He was fuming and Bella could tell. She sighed. "What now?"

"Now. We make her pay. I need your help."

Bella nodded. She sighed. "Fuck sake. She's fucked it all now. But my bet is, she likes you. Like really likes you."

Tommy smirked. He looked at Bella. "Now I'm going to use her. I'm taking her to those races. And I'm going to let Billy Kimber have his way with her."