Chapter Five

𝘍𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘸𝘦𝘩:𝘈 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯.

Sometimes when Regulus closed his eyes he pictured a far away place. Where the grass is green and the sun and moon take turns shining but deep down regulus knew he'd never have that;Fernweh, that's what he felt for his imaginary place of peace, like he was homesick for a place that only existed in his daydreams. A place that seems so impossible to reach that Regulus had stopped trying to reach it a long time ago and instead let them be dreams.

" Mr.Black? "

Regulus hadn't heard professor mcgonigall's voice the first time, having done well with tunning the lesson out to instead focus on his ' happy place ' " can someone please get Regulus' attention?" Mcgonigall said, elegantly leaning her hip on the desk beside her, a snikering gryfindor tapped on Regulus' shoulder who reacted quickly to the assaulting hand.

" What?" Regulus said, his head  snapping towards the gryfindor who just gave him a head shake and tipped his chin up towards the professor. " Yes, Mr.Black, I asked him to bring you back down to earth.what do you think about the topic of the lesson I was speaking about just now? Care to share your two cents? " Mcgonigall asked Regulus how she'd normally ask her questions, she knew Regulus hadn't been listening and while she didn't want to embarrass the boy, there's a lesson in everything and this lesson was not to daydream in her class.

Regulus, even being as smart as he was, couldn't fight against the consequences of not paying attention in class;He simply didn't know how to answer. " I apologize professor, I hadn't seemed to be listening." Regulus said, clearing his throat and forcing his back straight, he was a black after all, they don't do embarrassment and even now with snickering students, Regulus was not about to be humiliated.

" Well then, it seems I would need to go over the lesson tomorrow again, I want two scrolls worth of how transfiguration came to be. Don't forget to add sources of where you got your information from. They will be expected on my desk tomorrow before class starts, thank you and have a good evening." With that she watched the class scramble up and quickly make their way out of the door, the last one being the young black.

" Regulus dear, would you come here please?" The woman asked, adjusting the glasses on her nose, her eyes picking up the sigh Regulus gave at being called up to her desk. Either way he made his way up to it. " Professor, I'm sorry I wasn't listening, I promise to pay more attention next time-" Regulus was inturrupted by mcgonigall who held her hand up to stop him mid sentence. " Dear, it's alright. I know it's a new school year and your time here at Hogwarts hasn't been so kind but if there is anything you'd like to talk about, Im here to offer my best advice. Now, I won't pretend to know your personal issues but I reckon they have a lot to do with your older brother Sirius."

𝘖𝘩 𝘯𝘰,𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯;Regulus thought as soon as she mentioned Sirius' name. What was up with everyone wanting to force his brother into his life? Was this some sort of sign from above telling him to make amends with his sibling? If so it's a shitty way of doing it;peer pressure is a bitch.

Not to mention how strange it was professor mcgonigall was offering her guidence to 𝘏𝘪𝘮 a Slytherin.

Regulus was sure the world would just explode.

"–i understand you have an image to uphold, Regulus but please keep in mind that not everything is in your parents hands. " Regulus saw the advice professor mcgonigall was giving him not only made him slightly uncomfortable, but was ballsey. Ballsey because some Slytherin students were exactly like their parents and would not think twice to run to their parents and tell them what the head of Gryffindor had said. It was risky and made Regulus just respect mcgonigall more as a person. " Of course professor, if I see I am having anymore issues I will come to you, thank you for the advice. I appreciate it." Minerva wasn't convinced the boy would come to her the next time he was faced with an issue.She let it slide though and nodded a ' you're welcome ' watching Regulus make his way out of her classroom.