(12) Super Bowl Sunday!

Two weeks later 

It was super bowl Sunday! Everyone was in the VIP lounge that James Barnes Joe Rogers and Eric Maximoff all chipped in on. Daria showed up with Mira and sat with her on one of the couches. 

The game began which had everyone filled with excitement. They were playing against the KC Chiefs. Bucky couldn't see the box from the field so he didn't know she was there. She had a small break in her schedule to come into town. 

Mira was in full girlfriend mode the whole time. Natasha and the girls helped her understand some of the stuff Steve glossed over. Winnie came up behind Daria.

"Honey you've been quiet." Winnie said

She looked down. "Dar baby I know my son. He's just caught up in this world and he needs to find his way back out." Winnie said 

"Winnie, he's a mega football star. Those types they just keep getting a big head and having multiple affairs and baby mamas. And a bad rap..I know he's is your son and your baby boy. But he's on a dangerous road." She said as she walked off. 

Viv seen her and looked at Winnie. "I'm sorry.." she said as she came over to Winnie. 

The Jets won the super bowl by five points during overtime. Winnie hosted a private party for the Super Bowl champs the next afternoon. Bucky seen her at the party as she was about to leave. 

"Daria?" He said 

She stopped, he came around to face her. 

"You're here." He said 

"Don't act like I'm here for you. I came because Mira is my friend and she's dating Steve. Steve and Pietro are my friends I came to the game to support them not you." she said as she went to walk away. 

"Daria please I am sorry. I know that I've made myself look bad to you. But I just want you to give me a chance to prove to you that I can change." He said 

"No..because guys like you don't change." She said 

"I can..Daria please." He said 

"No.." she said 

He closed his eyes. "I'll prove you wrong Daria.." he said 

"I'm not gonna hold my breathe James." She said as she walked out the door. 

He looked down. 

As she made her way back to the airport she had a text from her brother Dorian. 

"You do realize he isn't Gabriel. This is James Barnes we are talking about I saw the conversation earlier. You were so cold sis..." 

"You are suppose to be on my side.." she replied back. 

"Not when you are being down right cold to a man that is in love with you. He made a mistake and I believe him when he says he can change. Men change for the woman that they love." He replied back as she checked in at JFK airport.