Chapter 6

Thea

Today was a shocking day. Serena told me all the things she knew. Turns out Vince runs a mafia. It called Savage Empire which is weird because his legal business is VS Empire. So what I got is that he is building his empire. I guess. He run legal and illegal businesses. We have arrived at the prison my so called cousin is being held at.

"So let me get this straight you three are here to pay the bail for Shayne Beckett, and you expect us to release him even when we know he is connected to the Savage Empire?" The inspector said. We all nod. "Thats exactly what we expect from you since we are paying his bail." Serena told him. "You see if he really is Savage Empire's property, how long do you think you are gonna keep him here before he is killed?" Shawn said with a smile.

"Are you threatening me?" He said while looking at the three of us. "No. If he is seen as a problem. They it will.be uprooted. As I am speaking to you right now, his lunch has just been served and its laced with poison. That only we have the cure to it. Give him to us and get money for his bail." Serena told him. She gives me a look. "Please sign the release form. I don't want him to die but I am pretty sure if he is connected to whatever you just said he is connected to he might be killed. Please save him." Tears were running down my face. I really didn't want him to die.

He sighed. "Fine. Constable..." He signed the release form and we paid the bail. "Bring Shayne Beckett here." A few minutes late a young teen with light brown eyes and blue hair. He looks good looking definitely a heart breaker. Wonder what forced to enter the trafficking industry? "You are free to go." The inspector said. He just smirked at him and nodded. "It was nice knowing you." He drawled out. Ugh his attitude is just bad. The inspector scowled and  we left.

"Did you eat anything?" Shawn asked him. He shook his heard no.  "Good cause your food had poison in it." Serena said. He looked at us like we were crazy. "Are you telling me that I was gonna be killed?" He seemed shocked. Fear filled his eyes. "Of course we weren't taking chances." Shawn said. "Wait that wasn't a joke?" Even I am a little scared. "Nope. We were sure they weren't gonna allow his bail we needed ideas so we thought best kill him before he spills." Shawn explained. "So you were gonna kill him. Wow just wow. Does boss even know of this?" I asked. "Boss cares for no one but Vienna. The reason you three alive is because Ms Savage wanted you alive." Shawn explains.

"Why would he want you to be killed?" Shayne question Serena. "I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Vienna saved me from his wrath." Serena told us. "How did you even get in to this?" I ask Shawn. "My dad owned the gang before Vince turned it into a mafia and renamed it to Savage Empire. I had a choice death or life? Everyone in my family chose death while I chose life. I was given the order to kill all of them and I did." He said as if it meant nothing yo him maybe it didn't.

"Will you take your revenge?" Shayne asked. He looked at him. "Why?" Shawn asked. "He killed your family and took your right." I stated. "I was never gonna be the Don. My dad loved my little brother more. So in a way Vince helped me a lot. I have more say in his mafia that I ever did in my own father's gang. Plus I killed my family, they chose wrong and paid the price." He stopped at a garage. "Let's buy some food." I said to Shayne.

"So how did you become a part of this?" Shayne asked. "I didn't even know I was a part of it. I worked on the legal side of the business. Today I met my boss and he practically told me that I was now part of both worlds." I said to him with a smile. "Why did you enter?" I asked him after a few minutes of silence. "My mom has a kidney problem. She has been in and out if the hospital and I had to find a way to pay the bills because as soon as this became an everymonth thing. The medical aid dropped her as she wasn't paying them anymore, we lost our home and she lost her job. This began last year. No one was willing to hire an underage teen. So a friend of mine introduced me to BJ( Boris Jones)..." I cut him off with a chuckle. Jones was not very creative. Who calls himself blowjob? Well I mean his name does acronym that way.

"I laughed too. Well he told me about the trafficking world and told me I was joining a gang. After being given trial goods I sold pretty good and I was given more every time getting paid a low amount forcing me to go back. Then the doctor told me a few weeks ago that my mom's surgery was to be performed soon as the found a match but they needed the payment first which was $50 000. I then asked my boss to give me a raise. He said he had a job. I would be paid $100 000 to do it. I quickly agreed to it." We paid for the food. Which consisted of chips, drinks, flavored water and chocolate.

"I guess I was set up because we were told to arrive early. I did that but I was called to the side before I even went through the checkpoint. They searched me and just like that the drugs were found very easily as if they knew where to look. I was then arrested and well the rest you know. I am just doing this for my mom and once she is okay I will leave." He said. We were seated in the car, we all shared a look. "Did they say you can leave whenever you want?" Shawn asked. He nodded. "Yeah. Jones said we can leave anytime and no one will stop us." He explained.

Serena

I looked at Shayne in shock. Did he really think there was an out? The only way to leave the mafia or gang is in a body bag. Poor child was tricked into entering. "He lied to you." Shawn broke it to him. He looked a bit shocked. "What do you mean?" He questioned. "You are part of a mafia not a gang. The crows gave you to us." Shawn said.

"They gave me to you guys?" He questioned. "Let me rephrase. He sold you to us and gave you to the police. In other words you are a dead man walking." Thea explained. "Why can't I leave?" He asked. "Because the only way to leave is through a body bag." I told him. I could see him holding back his tears. "I am sorry." Thea tries to console him. "We will stop at a motel to rest." Shawn said breaking the uncomfortable silence. I felt sorry for he was tricked and now there is no way out of this.