── 4

Before he realized it, he spent the entire day with you

The final bell rang in the school, reminding the students that the day was over, and those remaining could find their way to their dorms or home. The two of you were sitting down at two desks in an empty, unused classroom. There was no light other than the winter sunshine that beamed inside the room and on the desks you sat at. The silence that once filled in the room was interrupted by the sound of people walking in the halls.

The time Gundham spent with you was amazing...to him at least. There was not a lot of talking between the two of you, and most of the time you did converse, the conversation led to an uncomfortable stop. You seemed to be rather awkward with socializing, despite yourself having more confidence than half of the students at Hope's Peak.

"I did not have a lot of friends in my old class...or at all."

"Oh? Why may that be?"

"Well, most of the people who have been in my class already made their groups before I could have the chance to be more social. It took a while for me settle here, and now I have a disadvantage when trying to make new friends.."

"Curse those fools for isolating you in such a way! To think they were better than you is sickening."

"I would not worry about it now. Besides, we became...allies...right?"

"Certainly."

Every single part he found out about your life was interesting to him. You stated here and there about your Ultimate, as well as how you've improved ever since you became isolated. As much as it was confusing to Gundham that you were alone, he was honoured to be your first friend. Of course, he didn't show this with you and stated that it was rather pathetic that you made no other friends.