Down Fall

Luke:

I tried to break the silence with Kelli and Maddy so I found a photo on the wall of her when she was younger, a little boy and an older woman. I ask about the photo and me and Kelli talk about it. I look over to Maddy and see she has a glazed look over her face and she collapses on the floor making Kelli panic.

I rushed over to Maddy going past Kelli. I shake Maddy yelling her name with no response. I was scared that she wasn't breathing. I saw her chest move slowing her breathing was shallow, but almost none existent.

"Should we call an ambulance?" Kelli asks as she has a shaky voice. I pick up Maddy from the floor in a hurry. Kelli opens the door and follows me to my car leaving her front door wide open. She enters the back seat and I lay Maddy in the back with Kelli. I drive quickly to the ER.

The drive to the hospital was only a few minutes but it felt like a lifetime. I quickly run to the back seats and pick up Maddy. Kelli runs ahead of me opening the door wide open. I ran into the Lobby

"MY SISTER COLLAPSED!" I yell holding her as she seems lifeless. Two people rush over and grab her from my arms. They put her in a room not letting us in the nurses take her vitals.

One comes out. He seemed nervous the other one stood behind him. He seemed new. "She has a pulse that's a good sign," the male nurse said. The older female nurse followed up and said. "She had a pulse but it was slow, we have to do more tests to see what's wrong and why she collapsed". 

After a few minutes when they were done withdrawing her blood and taking other tests they let me in the room. I was sitting by her bed for thirty minutes when I heard Maddy gasp.

"WHERE AM I!" she yells, panicking, sitting up. Nurses rush in trying to calm her as it seems like she's going into shock. After five minutes she finally calms down. They start doing more tests and taking her vitals again since she's awake. 

I start to cry. 

"Why are you crying?" Maddy asked. I was looking down at my lap with my head in my hands. I looked up at her. 

I slowly lifted my head to look up at her. "you're are my world Maddy I thought I was going to lose you. you're the only thing keeping me here. You're the reason why I haven't truly enlisted into the army" 

"Luke, I'm not a John Green book. I'm not an intelligent girl in a story. I don't even have a remarkable story. I don't have any dreams; I'm not special in any way. I don't have a great ending, it doesn't end, it just keeps going. I am nothing but Maddy Summers just an average person just Maddy. I am legit nothing special. Our father is a user and an alcoholic and doesn't even want us and our mother is dead." she started to cry.

"Maddy I know I am just your brother and I know I am a loser and I don't know anything but the one thing I do know is that YOU are REMARKABLE. Our parents don't represent your worth as a person Maddy. Yes we didn't win the lottery in that way but I win every day because you are my stupid sister". she laughed at the ending of what I said.