Picture Perfect

It's been a few days since Luke rushed me to the ER. All of my tests came up negative. I am not surprised, but now I have more questions than answers to what's happening to me.

I've been home for the last couple of days. I've missed out on school for most of this week. Luke has been keeping a closer eye on me than normal. I find it weird and I hope that ends soon.

***

I've just been watching T.V. to pass time since Luke doesn't want me to be going to school at the moment since he still doesn't know what's going on. Luke went to the store a while ago to get food since we haven't had anything in days. Dad has been MIA again. Sometimes he will get groceries or at least give Luke the money, but so far he hasn't even left anything. After a bit, I hear a knock on the door. Before I could get up Danny walks in like he owns the place.

"Come in Danny... so glad you could wait for me to let you in"

"You're very welcome." he laughs. Without saying anything else he walks up the stairs and I follow him. He enters my room.

"Um... can I help you?" I ask

"Well everyone is talking you know at school."

"Okay..."

"Well, they think you over-dosed or the new lady tried to kill you or something."

"That's not what-"

"Oh I know" he cuts me off. "So I figure that Luke doesn't know what's going on"

"Yeah... Why would I even tell him? Oh by the way I see your girlfriend's brother's memories and that's why it looks like I'm fucking dying when a select thing happens."

"That's fair I guess"

"Yeah, he would think I'm on drugs or something" I pause for a second. "I know you better than anyone else. And I know for a fact that you are not here to talk about my brother and drugs"

"How dare you think that." he acts hurt and falls onto my bed. "So anyway what did you see"

"There it is. Plus now you believe me?"

"Well, I'm just really invested. Plus you could be telling the truth or you're the best actress ever"

"I could be who knows maybe I should write a book someday"

"Ooo that would be fun maybe you could call it 'Picture Perfect'" he says proudly of himself,

"How ironic honestly" I laugh.

"Sorry I get off topic easily. So what was the dreamy thingy?"

"I saw how the brother died"

"Oh my God that's fucking crazy" he sounds shocked trying to act cool.

"Yeah and this one felt more real than the other 'dreamy thingies' it really felt like I was dying"

"How did he die?"

I stayed quiet for a bit not really wanting to say. I was silent for ten seconds when I finally said something. "There was a school shooter...and he got shot in the head. He didn't want to hide because he wanted to save his sister... When he was dying he felt tired, he didn't worry, he couldn't see anything."

Finally once in our friendship, Danny fell silent. He didn't know what to say. He sat there on my bed just not saying anything.